GTR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I am sadly moving on from Skyline-land for now as the car doesn't get much use, and my wife and I have decided to have a family. Anyway I thought I would list the car on here for a week first so members have first refusal, before I throw it on Pistonheads.

Please feel free to message me, ideally with a phone number so I can give you a call. The car is priced very reasonably, so I think it will go quickly, and probably to the first persona who actually comes to see it.

Anthony

For sale is my 1992 R33 GST-T Nissan Skyline.

It has about 77,000 miles on the clock (which is still in km), and in completely unmodified since it came from Japan. It arrived with a Blitz Exhaust (to which I have fitted a silencer) and a dump vale, for which I have managed to source an original recirc ***8211; both of these are included in the sale. The only changes are the head unit where I have put a Pioneer so I can connect my phone / ipod, and door speakers, which were dead (Infinity speakers fitted to the original holders behind the door cards). Also fitting R32 GT-R wheels, as they look lovely with the colour of the car, and the original alloys***8230; the less said the better.

It is MOT***8217;d until the end of August (25 August I believe), and taxed until the end of July (7 months). I am the third keeper in the UK (the importer and previous owner being the other two). Since it arrived, it has done about 4,000 miles per year, and also comes complete with all the original Japanese manuals, owners handbook, and a lot of the Japanese history. Also included are the two original keys. Bodywork is completely straight, and save for a few scratches on the bumpers is great for the age.

I***8217;ve given a comprehensive list of good and bad points below, though there aren***8217;t many bad ones being completely honest ***8211; it is in great condition, and has never been modified / played with.

I have priced the car very reasonably (rather than set a high price and then be haggled down), and expect it to sell quickly. You are welcome to ring, and come see the car most evenings, and at weekends. I am in Long Eaton, 10 mins from J24 of the M1 (also A50), and 6 minutes from J25 M1 (also A52). If you do want high quality pictures emailing, I can also do that.

Good points

- Low mileage ***8211; 77k. This may increase slightly, but not by much. It is also reflected in the conditions
- Only arrived in the country in 2009 (at about 60k miles), so very few previous owners, all of whom have looked after the car and been very careful / mature
- Sills and Arches with no rust whatsoever, in fact no rust on any of the bodywork (probably as it is so recently in the country) ***8211; I have included one picture of an arch to give you an idea (I think the driver side rear), though they are all the same and in perfect condition (rear are more prone to rust however). I***8217;ve also included a picture of one of the sills, so you can see the condition of the car
- Folder bursting with receipts, with nearly all the work done by MGT racing ***8211; this includes all the handbooks for when the car was bought new, and I think service record from Japan! It also has a sticker on the bumper, from the garage in Tokyo
- Completely unmodified ***8211; no GT-R badges, big turbo, silly wings, boost gauges, or shoddy parts. Still has the flare from Japan in the holder, and the original Nissan Skyline mats (again in excellent condition)
- Lots of MOT and Tax ***8211; for the last MOT it needed new pads (Ferodo DS2500 fitted) and discs (EBC drilled ones fitted) due to lack of use. I also had the calipers reconditioned to be on the safe side (receipt included for all). MOT is scanned and picture 12 ***8211; the miles are actually km, as it has never been converted.
- It is a manual, which are harder to find in good condition, and also more fun / better economy / faster
- Serviced in November, using Mobil1 Fully Synthetic oil (receipt included). I also had the brake fluid changed after having the brakes replaced (it seemed prudent)
- 4 Continental ContiSport tyres with plenty of tread (at a guess - 5.0-5.5mm?) all round
- Detailed a few months ago, for use as my Wedding car (why rent anything ***8211; I have a Skyline!)
- I***8217;m only selling as my wife and I are now looking to have a family, for which the Skyline is impractical ***8211; I***8217;ve replaced it with a Lexus IS200 (5 doors and isofix!)

Bad points

- HICAS light is on and the power steering not working. I***8217;ve not had the time to look in to it ***8211; I haven***8217;t even done the diagnostic
- Driver side window switch is temperamental about going back up (it***8217;ll go down just fine - I'd rather it was the other way round!)
- A few marks on the bumpers, and 2 marks on the bodywork, otherwise fantastic condition

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And replied to :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Car now sold to Rachelgts. When she came to look, I was educated about the car, and I'm sure she'll be a great steward of it, and you'll see the car around!

I'm also sure that give it a couple of years, and I'll be back with a new car :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts