GTR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1994 R32 GTR
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. Recently joined the forum looking for information and tips.

I own my 1994 R32 GTR about a year now but was in storage while I was away working, it is now at a shop getting work done and was asked by my mechanic is there any new mods I'd like.

I'm looking for some advice on safety/reliability mods I should definitely do while the car is stripped down.

The spec is as follows:
Engine:
Garrett 2860 turbos
HKS Elbows
Tomei con rod bolts
OS Giken 86.5mm pistons
Block rebore and valve grind
N1 Oil Pump
Tomei fuel pump
Nismo Sump Baffle
New cam/crank seals
New valve seals.
700cc Injectors
Tomei head gasket kit
Apexi Power FC ECU

Thats all off the top of my head. I was thinking of going for an upgraded radiator, intercooler and catch can?

Also thinking of going link ecu down the line.
Engine will be compression tested soon and is being mapped for 95 octane due to Ireland being so shit for high performance cars!

·
Registered
1994 R32 GTR
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brakes , would be my priority and a decent clutch. Replace all the bushes, etc

Trust sump extension if you do wish to track it ( comes with a baffle)

I/c hard pipes
Hi mate, thanks for the reply.

What brakes would you recommend? Has drilled and grooved disks but standard calipers, not sure what pads.
I have an OS Giken twin paddle clutch and nismo top mount bushes, hoping to polybush the subframes eventually. Just said i would list engine spec as thats my main goal is have a safe reliable engine 😊 it should be running about 500bhp on 99ron

I have no interest in tracking it or anything, I was told a head drain kit might be useful but not pulling the engine right now anyway?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hi,

If you get your engine rebuilt, get yourself this RB spline kit

·
Registered
26,764 Posts
Hi , take a look at my project thread, may give some ideas. Everyone will have an opinion on brakes but it’s always budget v options

Just at work so they reply’s short I’m afraid

·
Registered
1994 R32 GTR
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi,

If you get your engine rebuilt, get yourself this RB spline kit
Hello,

Is this the best spline kit out there? I was looking at the Tomei oil pump and getting billet gears from Franklin performance. Not sure how good they are but...

Not looking to go crazy with it. Hopefully wont need a rebuild as it was only rebuilt by RB Motorsport in UK about 30k miles ago

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hello,

Is this the best spline kit out there? I was looking at the Tomei oil pump and getting billet gears from Franklin performance. Not sure how good they are but...

Not looking to go crazy with it. Hopefully wont need a rebuild as it was only rebuilt by RB Motorsport in UK about 30k miles ago
Hi,

Yeah, he's a member of the forum as well and backed up by big names, you'll find cheaper for sure but with the cost of RB's and cost of rebuild them, I won't risk it and I'll go with this one only.

·
Registered
1994 R32 GTR
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi,

Yeah, he's a member of the forum as well and backed up by big names, you'll find cheaper for sure but with the cost of RB's and cost of rebuild them, I won't risk it and I'll go with this one only.

Hi there,

Thanks for that. I have sent to my mechanic, will see what he says. I was planning on the tomei oil pump as I have heard a few stories about the older N1 pumps failing but thought they had rectified that issue..

Yep everything is very expensive. Are you in Ireland also?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hi there,

Thanks for that. I have sent to my mechanic, will see what he says. I was planning on the tomei oil pump as I have heard a few stories about the older N1 pumps failing but thought they had rectified that issue..

Yep everything is very expensive. Are you in Ireland also?
You're welcome, If you can afford the Tomei, go for this one instead and he have a kit for it too, chat him here or in Instagram.

About the N1 pump, it always depends on what people do what with and there's a reason tuners exists beside manufacturers or their sport division.

Yep, living here also (y)

·
Registered
1994 R32 GTR
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You're welcome, If you can afford the Tomei, go for this one instead and he have a kit for it too, chat him here or in Instagram.

About the N1 pump, it always depends on what people do what with and there's a reason tuners exists beside manufacturers or their sport division.

Yep, living here also (y)
Hey man,

Spoke to my tuner and we decided to wait for now and see how engine is after compression test and mapping. Might consider it then.

Whereabouts are you in Ireland? Nice to know theres a few of us on here.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hey man,

Spoke to my tuner and we decided to wait for now and see how engine is after compression test and mapping. Might consider it then.

Hey man,

Grow with the car and one thing at a time.

I'm in the south and you ?

·
Registered
1994 R32 GTR
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Grow with the car and one thing at a time.

I'm in the south and you ?
The price of things it's definitely one thing at a time ha !
I'm just happy its away now and will be ready for NCT next summer.

I'm in the south myself

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Hello,

Hi, yes we make the biggest range of spline replacement gears for the RB and also Toyota replacements. We supply and manufacture for the likes of Do Luck and Tomei Japan have also used our tomie kits in some of their engines when a customer required.

We have Tomei kits in stock. We can also offer an N1 upgrade package. http://instagr.am/p/CNYWXgQHd3o/
http://instagr.am/p/BxhU8bTp0-T/
http://instagr.am/p/CO_3lgfn2PH/

1 - 16 of 16 Posts