GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
the one used in a 1996 gtr... ?:D

I think the GTR clutch is a pretty much stand alone item.
you should be able to order one through a nissan dealer if you have no tuning style companies in Jamaica..

have fun in the sun.
/Steve

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks bud, we do have a lot of fun in the sun in Jamaica.

I know that some of the clutch kits that Nissan Makes can fit the R32, such as the Pathfiner/300Z series. I'm not sure at all about the R33. Thing is I'm the authorised dealer for ACT clutches in this region www.advancedclutch.com , they are an American Company that makes excellect high performance clutches at prices that you would not believe. However the GT-R is not wide spread in the USA yet so they have not done the research to offer it yet. They do make kits for the Zs and all the USA Nissans. So if one of them work, everyone will benefit.

If anyone can guide me on this I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
As far as I'm aware the 32 and 33 rb26dett and gearbox are pretty much the same so theoretically the clutch should go along the same route...

Perhaps a call to Abbey motorsport would help you out. They can be contacted on +44 1883 732331 I'm sure that a brief chat to Tony or Mark could clear this point up.

Personally if I had access to a clutch from a 32, and the 33 wasn't running, I'd have a look. it is a fairly straightforward job to remove the gear/transfer box then you'd know for sure. takes about 2-3 hours from on the ramp to off the ramp...

even more so if you are the clutch man.

take it easy mate.

/Steve

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Steve thanks for following this up. I'll try Abbey and maybe Middleurst, I figure a Nissan dealer who works on both cars should have the answer.

By the way, does anyone on the list have a OEM from spoiler they would like to sell? (hope I can do this on the forum).

·
Registered
272 Posts
R32 and R33 GTR have different clutches , R33 GTR is a pull type clutch , although you can fit a push clutch with a kit from OS Giken that has a different clutch fork , pivot and slave cylinder.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I can second that ACT are VERY highly thought of in the US car modding & racing scene.

Several of my friends had the ACT 2100lb and 2600lb clutch kits in their All Wheel Drive Eclipses and all reccomended it.

Guy (GTuned)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the endorsement Guy, the ACT clutches tranfer power for the fastest street/drag cars in America. As soon as I sort this out I'll post it for everyone to see what works. That will mean savings for GT-R owners, as it seems that the price doubles once its listed for that car.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Yeah I've noticed that... parts used for other cars double *instantly* in price when it comes to the Skyline....

Most people are actually unaware of some of the quality parts that come from the US. Many japanese tuners simply buy them and rebadge them......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts