GTR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Small update, i had to remove a lot of the front to get the oil cooler in. I didn't line the front back correctly afterwards but barry went and sorted it out. Hopefully not too long til it goes in for painting.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
There was a small part in the boot were the seam have split slightly and rusted in one spot. It was cut out, treated and replaced.

Small bit of rust on the lip of the boot seal. It was cut out and replaced.

And the other spot

Further work on the front

P/s wing dent attended to and properly straightened out.

·
Registered
254 Posts
lovely rebuild.. thanks for sharing with us! interesting to see how it looks behind the panels

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Small update, car is getting ready to be painted! Quarter back to bare metal, etch wiped down.
Some small parts were top coat had broken down and rust had appeared on the surface. Cleaned back and treatment applied and left to soak in.

·
Registered
1995 Skyline R33 GTR Nismo V-Spec ( R28 )1999 Nismo R34 GTR V-Spec 1991 R32 GTR.
170 Posts
Update, car is back on the ground!
Love the labor of love! Starting from the ground up, a clean slate , painters brush instead is tools to make a masterpiece. I love these projects, as I begin to restore my two additions to the UnHoly Trinity.. Keep up the great work Son!!!!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Love the labor of love! Starting from the ground up, a clean slate , painters brush instead is tools to make a masterpiece. I love these projects, as I begin to restore my two additions to the UnHoly Trinity.. Keep up the great work Son!!!!!
Haha thanks, yeah to be fair the company is a bmw/VAG authorised repairer so their quality of work is very high. Hopefully it will see some paint next week!! 😁

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Nice looks like a high quality job! What windscreen seals will you be using oem or universal?
I decided with all the work being done, there was only one way to do it and that was forking out for all the oem seals so i bought all of them. Most expensive seals ive bought in a very long time! 🤣🤣

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
I decided with all the work being done, there was only one way to do it and that was forking out for all the oem seals so i bought all of them. Most expensive seals ive bought in a very long time! 🤣🤣
Good stuff! I need to order full f/r sets myself! Yes the prices are insane on them! but they do look perfect once fitted compared to universal ones!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Some post arrived today!

Best part being that this Super Drager 2 is for a bcnr33 so its 3.5 inch from catback.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Amazing work wouldve kept mine if i knew someone in ireland could do this type of work. Had plenty look at it but noone would. Similar to yours. Lovely work on it. Might get onto this lad to paint an evo i have now.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Amazing work wouldve kept mine if i knew someone in ireland could do this type of work. Had plenty look at it but noone would. Similar to yours. Lovely work on it. Might get onto this lad to paint an evo i have now.

You should see the Job Kris at classic car welding done on my 33, better than new now. He is based in Rtahcoole.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts