GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi all

i would like to know if 19x8.5 et37 would work on a r32 gtr?or is it a bad idea and just stick to 18s? 235/35 tyre size

leo

·
Registered
945 Posts
I wouldnt have 19s, the car would look like a rollerskate! 18x9.5 looks perfect but I prefer 17s, I have 255/40s on mine as there is a bit more sidewall protection witch is handy as all our roads are shit!!
Nothing would piss me off more than damaging a £500 wheel on our naff roads/cart tracks!

Alex

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have 18" volk racing rims on mine they look mighty pretty but they are getting binned and I am going back to small 16s.makes evrything much more comfortable LOL.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I have to agree with the above. The few photos that I've seen of 32s with 19s all looked way out of proportion. I have 9.5x18s with 255x35s and think it's right on the limit of acceptable. If I replaced the wheels (Gram Lights), I'd probably go down to 17s. I love the wheels too much to part with them at the moment though ;)

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks everyone you all make sense..well I need 18s just to fit my 360 brake kit.does anyone know of a good set of 18s for sale secondhand? And maybe someone to buy my blitz rim?

Leo

·
Registered
258 Posts
19's on a 32 look too big IMO. On a 33 or 34 they are perfect!
Ummm... 19s on a 34 or 33 looks also silly IMO. And besides it's no that of a popular wheel size vs. 18s and 20s. It's not a dub rice supercar anyways. :p 18s for the 32s - 34s are perfect! Then match em' up w/ 265s!!!

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
there's three issues here: cosmetics, handling and brake clearance

handling and ride comfort are best with 17" rims on a british road driven, 32 gtr.
cosmetically the car is best with 18's, however volk/ rays te37's in a 17 are the exception to this. imho this is the best combo as the te37's offer exceptional brake clearance- you can get 356mm discs inside 17's
to anyone who knows their skylines 19's will look wrong on a 32 as looks are informed by judgement, and we know the handling's been compromised for the sake of cosmetics
which would be a crime on such a nice car :thumbsup:

i've taken the most cost effective option and use oe 17" r33 gtr rims. they are far better than people realise and powder coated black they look pretty good as well
not to mention you pay ~£400/set of four
i know rims are all about fashion statements, but nothing wrong with the 'understated performance' look...

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
of course i have to make do with 345mm discs,
but all that helps the handling by keeping unsprung weight down

1 - 16 of 16 Posts