GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, today when i started my car and put it to the reverse the R in dashboard was pulsing and the car could not move in reverse, after that i tried to drive in forward and the first gear was also pulsin for 5 sec and than passed to second gear.

Later the transmision check was turned on , i turned off the car for 5 min and when i turn it on again no problem at all, no tranny check and all gears were ok.

Never launched or tracked, car has only 26k KM, 2010 model, tranny and diff fluids never changed was waiting for 30k KM service.

What may cause this thing any ideas, i dont have a gtr dealer near me so your opinions are very important to me.

Thank You !

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Sounds like it could be a solenoid issue mate. Had it happen to me last year and a quick pan/solenoid removal and clean solved the problem ; )

First time it happened to me it cleared and It didn't return for about 1000 miles. Then came back twice in one trip. So got it done by sly on here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like it could be a solenoid issue mate. Had it happen to me last year and a quick pan/solenoid removal and clean solved the problem ; )

First time it happened to me it cleared and It didn't return for about 1000 miles. Then came back twice in one trip. So got it done by sly on here.
its something serious for the transmission or just normal things ? is it easy to clean the pan ? i mean can anyone do it or i have to go to nissan dealer

Thank you for your reply

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Mate it's not a serious and as I said sounds like it could be that but obviously I would go to a dealer or a decent Indy to get her plugged in and checked.

Think the clean out cost about £300 as obviously you need a shed load of new oil afterwards lol. Sure it only took 1.5-2 hrs Max.

I used sly at Kaizer, but there's loads of good independents out there that can do it far cheaper than a dealer. Unless you still have a warranty of course the. You just use that ; )

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mate it's not a serious and as I said sounds like it could be that but obviously I would go to a dealer or a decent Indy to get her plugged in and checked.

Think the clean out cost about £300 as obviously you need a shed load of new oil afterwards lol. Sure it only took 1.5-2 hrs Max.

I used sly at Kaizer, but there's loads of good independents out there that can do it far cheaper than a dealer. Unless you still have a warranty of course the. You just use that ; )
Thanks mate ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I Have the same issue!
BUT only the first time I start up the car and set of direct before its been idling for a min or so... and never happen more that at the startup from cold.
If I let the car idle for one min or so its no problem?!!
And never happens during the stop and go in traffic.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Had similar issues with mine. Had the solenoids cleaed out,uprated magnets and piston clips fitted. Worth doing if the solenoid pack is removed. £500 total cost.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Brilliant, just had a pm from someone on here doubting the time it took sly to do the job I.e he thinks it was to quick. Well I was stood with him chatting, watched the whole thing including checking the teeth on the gears whilst the solenoid pack was out. As stated all in 1.5-2 hours max. He wasn't euro tech of the year for nothing ; ) I check the bill once home as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts