GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just been called by the HPC who tells me that whilst they are doing my 1st service (not Optimization) they saw that the transmission tempurature slightly exceeded the norm on one occasion. The fix: Give them another £540.00 now and they will change it!!!

I decided to call Nissan direct and ask if this is what i should expect everytime my car goes into the HPC and they said it seems a bit steep. can i ask if this has needed doing for anyone else and what it cost?...or am i just being a tart?

Sorry, forgot to add, it's a GTR Black Edition 09 plate.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have just been called by the HPC who tells me that whilst they are doing my 1st service (not Optimization) they saw that the transmission tempurature slightly exceeded the norm on one occasion. The fix: Give them another £540.00 now, on top of the £260.00 i gave them already, and they will change it!!!

I decided to call Nissan direct and ask if this is what i should expect everytime my car goes into the HPC and they said it seems a bit steep. can i ask if this has needed doing for anyone else and what it cost?...or am i just being a tart?

Sorry, forgot to add, it's a GTR Black Edition 09 plate. So if anyone wants to buy it, as i cant afford to keep it, make me an offer!!!

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
ASk them for a copy of the Consult III printout showing the recorded tranny temps.

That way we can tell whether you really need the change or not.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
They can´t even tell you proven that you have been over 120 degree,as they don´t have the software for it yet,so they told you BS:chuckle:

120 degree limit is what counts and as their software can just see how often you have been over 110 degrees,but not how often you have been over 120 degrees.....you know they try to rip you off:chairshot

Consult reads out how often you have been over 100 degrees,over 110 degrees and how often over 140 degrees,but not how often you have been over 120 degrees...so how do they know your car needs an oilchange?? Simple guessing??

ask them if they know that you have to change the oil just when going over 120 degrees (from that point on you can still do 3000miles till it is needed to change).

·
Registered
358 Posts
I have just been called by the HPC who tells me that whilst they are doing my 1st service (not Optimization) they saw that the transmission tempurature slightly exceeded the norm on one occasion. The fix: Give them another £540.00 now, on top of the £260.00 i gave them already, and they will change it!!!

Sorry, forgot to add, it's a GTR Black Edition 09 plate. So if anyone wants to buy it, as i cant afford to keep it, make me an offer!!!
I would be asking how high did it go and for how long? I can't seems to get anywhere close to 120 degrees on the road... where you on the track?

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
double post in a double thread......

·
Premium Member
8,830 Posts
and ???

·
Registered
300 Posts
Thiefs if true.

They know the 5% rule and still want to do that robery...; i would ask nissan to give them a call

If you use it only on race tracks and did a lot of 120+ ... that would be the good thing to do. For your own safety.

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
get it on track...you will exceed 100 easy... its all the changing on track that brings the temps up and the torque going through the plates etc.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts