GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all :)

If all goes to plan, I'm looking to buy an R34 V spec in the next 6-8 months and want to get a bit of info before I do :D Has to be blue too, saw Cem's and fell in love (I've been in your old red EVO btw - I know the owner quite well :) )

Basically I'm after advice on running costs, what to look out for when buying, where to go to get it (was thinking Newera?) etc.. Insurance I know is gonna kill me (will be 25 and 1 years NCB at the time.. I hope!) but I'm used to that anyway in the FTO (£1600!!!!) Just the sort of thing you guys take for granted knowing but I don't :)

What's the first mods most people go for? Not looking to spend a fortune but I'd imagine air filters and exhausts are the most common first mods? And of course a heads up display :D

Cheers guys n gals, I can't wait!!! :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi there,
I'm in a similiar situation to yourself and i have found that
www.prospec-ms.co.uk (shin's) website is good for information and some idea of cars on import, etc..

Also if you go to www.gtrowner.com i have found that, this is a excellent website run by abbey motorsport i think and is a wealth of knowledge.

To be honest with or without skyline i have found nearly everyone on these boards are absolutely fantastic people, who are happy to help, advice and give as much assistance as they possibly can.

Good Luck hope you find what your looking for!

Ahmed
(goes off skyline hunting some more too) :D

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers matey :) I was budgeting for around £40K so it looks like I wasn't too far out.

I'm sure I saw a site somewhere that listed the models and differences between them all - like what difference is there between the V-spec and V-spec II?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yes i think thats on the prospec site under the description of each of the different varients of the skyline mate.

Good luck 41k should get you something special!

I know if you go into the cars for sale section here Bayside34 is selling his W (2000) reg Bayside Blue R34 if i remember right it has about 17-19k on the clock. Sounds like a sweet motor and is well within your range, think he was asking for 35k or somewhere close for it.

Hope that helps mate.

Cheers,
Ak

·
Registered
127 Posts
hehe been there done that too :D

AK

1 - 6 of 6 Posts