GTR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I have two black fobs that came with my keys, are these for the tracker?

cheers

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Did you not ask your dealer any questions at all lol?

Yeah those would be for the tracker. Make sure you don't leave them with your keys, keep them in your wallet or something that's what I do.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you not ask your dealer any questions at all lol?

Yeah those would be for the tracker. Make sure you don't leave them with your keys, keep them in your wallet or something that's what I do.
Lol sorry for all the questions,I was told they were for the tracker, but I could not get my tracker activated when I rang cobra as they needed some serial number, so I did not know if I needed both parts when I go out in it, or what they actually do?

cheers,

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
The fob needs to be in the car when it's activated.

If the fob is on you and you are pulled out of the car, cobra will call you to see why that's the case.

I'm surprised you need a serial number to set it up, usually they can register you are the new owner based on the number plate.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Yeah if it's cobra just call them and give the reg details, sit in the car hold the middle button down a few times when they tell you and your all set up!

·
Registered
306 Posts
I had a cobra tracker already fitted when I picked up my 59 plate recently. Cobra had no record of the car so dealer had to get the seriel number and then Cobra activated it. I don't have to pay the first years subscription as it is like I am the first owner which was a bonus. Nut sure the first owner would have been happy if his car had got nicked and Cobra had no record.
OP do you hear a clicking noise from the back of the inside of the car when you start up as this indicates that you have a tracker and it needs activating.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had a cobra tracker already fitted when I picked up my 59 plate recently. Cobra had no record of the car so dealer had to get the seriel number and then Cobra activated it. I don't have to pay the first years subscription as it is like I am the first owner which was a bonus. Nut sure the first owner would have been happy if his car had got nicked and Cobra had no record.
OP do you hear a clicking noise from the back of the inside of the car when you start up as this indicates that you have a tracker and it needs activating.
Hi, yeah I have a series of clicks when the car is first started which sound like they care coming from the back of the car, yeah cobra had no record?

And I want to activate it as it brings my insurance down another £500 a year, how did you get the serial number from Nissan?

cheers

·
Ooo Matron !
2,362 Posts
And I want to activate it as it brings my insurance down another £500 a year, how did you get the serial number from Nissan?

cheers
That's odd, for most people it seems to make no difference at all. Makes not one jot for me for example.

·
Registered
888 Posts

cheers
That's odd, for most people it seems to make no difference at all. Makes not one jot for me for example.
+1 Snuffy

No difference on my insurance but they require an active tracker!
To get a drop of £500 for a fitted tracker, I hate to think what your premium is:eek:
My annual premium isn't £500 & that's with £70 being added for my mods!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Nissan dealer had to find the tracker unit (not difficult) and read the serial number off the unit itself. Cobra could then identify it and tag it to my car.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Keith Michael Insurance was around £950 with it activated , and Adrian Flux is around £1550 without so there is a fair difference in price I know on my last car the tracker dropped the price around £50 if I activated it,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts