GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Yup, I had a moment like that coming the other way down the strip at Pod for a photo shoot when I first got the GT-R. It is more slippery up that end as that is where all the unburnt fuel and rubber marbles are!!! I was doing err ***mph and a small input of steering and the car was sideways before I knew it and heading towards the wall. I managed to catch it and thankfully all was OK, but it was a big brown trouser moment, hence, another reason why I don***8217;t do Drag Queens !!!

·
Premium Member
5,868 Posts
wow thats lucky

·
Registered
924 Posts
Yup, I had a moment like that coming the other way down the strip at Pod for a photo shoot when I first got the GT-R. It is more slippery up that end as that is where all the unburnt fuel and rubber marbles are!!! I was doing err ***mph and a small input of steering and the car was sideways before I knew it and heading towards the wall. I managed to catch it and thankfully all was OK, but it was a big brown trouser moment, hence, another reason why I don***8217;t do Drag Queens !!!
That'll be the Bridgies mate, they're known for it :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle: PMSL

Satan

·
Registered
609 Posts
Bet he needed a change of underwear

·
Premium Member
5,868 Posts
That'll be the Bridgies mate, they're known for it :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle: PMSL

Satan
thats why mine are coming off, and mpss going on ASAP!

my R35 slides sideways in damp weather, dangerous tyres in the wet, unless you drive like miss daisy of course.

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Hi Satan

Lol, well that was when the only tyre available was the one designed for the Nissan GT-R by Bridgestone at the request from Nissan ***8211; you know the tyre they spent a fortune on developing for a Supercar lol

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
thats why mine are coming off, and mpss going on ASAP!

my R35 slides sideways in damp weather, dangerous tyres in the wet, unless you drive like miss daisy of course.
No, you just need to learn to drive it in the wet !!! The car is more than capable of doing it, but it's the input from you, the driver that counts ! :):bowdown1:

·
Premium Member
5,868 Posts
No, you just need to learn to drive it in the wet !!! The car is more than capable of doing it, but it's the input from you, the driver that counts ! :):bowdown1:
I doubt it, Ive driven round roundabouts at a medium pace, not even pushing the car, and its started to slide.. the bridgestones have 5mm all round roughly on each.

I had a Civic type R a few years back that also did this on bridgestones, changed the tyres to toyos at the time and it was great.

if bridgestones are so good, whys a lot of GTR owners moving to mpss?

either way, they are going from my car.

·
Registered
246 Posts
They maybe ok for smooth dry track driving but are not good for road driving, thats why I changed to MPSS. Hard uncomfortable and tram line the car all over the road.

·
Premium Member
5,868 Posts
They maybe ok for smooth dry track driving but are not good for road driving, thats why I changed to MPSS. Hard uncomfortable and tram line the car all over the road.
Another good point, the tramlining issue, or is that our driving as well?? lmao :chuckle:

I use my GTR as a daily, so need the car best it can be, all road types and all weathers.

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
I'll have your Bridgestones then !!!

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
All I'll say as I have siad soooooooooooooooooo many times before - just wait till you have a puncture down a dark country lane at 2 in the morning - then you'll wish you had Run Flats !!!

But if you wanna get rid of the Bridges and give them to me - I'll take them off your hands !

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I had Bridgies on the car when I bought it, the tramlining was out out of this world to a point I thought the car had been in a smash and all the tracking was ****ed.

Changed to MPSS and oh my, it's like a dream compared to the Bridgies, no tramlining whatsoever, and alot more comfortable too.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts