GTR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly I would like to thank to all of you guys who post here your experiences with GT-R, which I found very useful since I discovered this site about six months ago.

First time I so the car, it was at Geneva autoshow where I changed my mind from evoX to GT-R. (My dream for last 15 years since I was 15 was BMW M3 but for the same money this is different league)
I placed deposit for mine in June 2008 in only one HPC in Czech Republic. It was Ultimate metal silver black edition with delivery in the end of 2009. I was on the list on 38 position. On September 25 I went for race academy to Nurburgring. It was fantastic day. I was able to compare all the colors and I changed from UMS to Dark metal grey.
HPC was expecting test car in apríl 2009 but sales were delayed to october 2009 and all 45 cars for 2009 were told to arrive during last 3 months of 2009. My delivery date was 13. december 2009. I went for test drive to HPC in late october 2009 after they had 1200 miles (during 3 days). It was also day when first GT-R (white – premium) was officially handovered to customer in Czech Republic. The lucky one was very good movie director Filip Renc (who is like czech Quentin Tarantino).
Finally my hand over took place on 1st of December 2009.
I paid for my DMG Black Edition 2,258.000 CZK = 75.200 GBP + mats 3.400 CZK = 113 GBP + DMG Wheel with Blizzaks fitted 220.000 CZK = 7.300 GBP.
Runing in period was fun. I was surprised how much traction the car has with winter tyres in wet. During first three weeks I made 1200 miles and went to HPC. The car drives fantastic just the steering wheel is little to the left. Car goes straight no pulling just the steering wheel is little to the left. Do you think it is because realigment? Will tell them to set it straight when I go there to change for summer wheels.
Also any experinces and solutions with ocasional rattle around the low central panel where the CD/DVD is?
I did not drive the car for 3 weeks in January because of to much snow. Car was outside frouzen under the snow and then I took it for weekend trip, temperature was very low but car started without single problem.
Fuel comsuption I have experinced so far is 10 litres/100km as minimum (very easy drive) and maximum 20 litres/100km (very spiritual driving)
Feedback from people is very positive, even those who does not care about cars says it is nice. When I brought it home for first time my 3 year old son said – dad it is beautiful sport car and I had to put the GT-R logo on his Puky pedal car.
My dad who drives 650i and X6 5.0 was blown away by the power of GT-R and did not complained about firm ride.
Only downside for me so far is that it is not possible to set 3 blink blinker as many cars these days have.
Trunk is really big for car of this performance, easy to put 2 golf bags and some lagguages. Also found it is comfortable for people up to 175cm tall to sit in back and for me 180 cm to sit in front of them.
I am really happy to have this car.

·
Registered
760 Posts
HPC

Also any experinces and solutions with ocasional rattle around the low central panel where the CD/DVD is?

Only downside for me so far is that it is not possible to set 3 blink blinker as many cars these days have.
QUOTE]

Hi
I also have an occasional rattle/buzz from centre console. I find it does it only when I rest my leg against it though.

Agree 3 blinks on indicator for overtaking on motorways would have been nice. Let's hope Nissan includes for 2010 model year car.

All the best

·
Registered
76 Posts
You should get the alignment done asap if your wheel is out of line.
Your blizzacks will be finished by the time you change them otherwise!
Glad you like the car.:)

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
Wait till you take it to a circuit and give it the full beans !!

·
Registered
358 Posts
welcome and great you love the car so much. :)

How do you cope with those cobble stone streets I saw in Prague or is that only in the City? You could need Comfort mode PLUS for that road surface I think!

I get no rattles... 3 blick; Yes please,,, software update I hope.

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Three blinks on the indicator... ARRGH

If you're just going to pull out anyway, don't bother indicating cuz three blinks isn't enough for anyone to react in good time! Best thing Nissan did was leave it off! :flame:

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
Just hit the gas pedal hard, most don't get in the way and none can keep up !!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts