GTR Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
I got a few skyline keyrings from hong kong via e-bay, very nice one's to and not all that expensive.

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
You'll get the 6.5" speakers in if you use some .5" MDF spacers in the original pods.

Remove the OEM speaker, place it on top of a sheet of MDF, draw around it with a pencil, mark the screw holes too. Cut along the line you've just made, drill clearance holes and counter bore them. Give it a quick paint, and screw it down to the pod with some sealant in between. Then screw the 6.5" speakers to the MDF.

Oh, I new there was a reason it wasn't so easy....You may need to split the spacers so they are .5" at the top and .25" at the bottom, or is it the other way around........

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
so what speakers are you running jason and how do they sound??

storm uk what do you mean by keys. Can you get the original GT-R blank keys??? And whats the NISMO one??

Got any pics of your key ring rich j??

·
Registered
592 Posts
Rich ta for reminding me - havent bidded on American Ebay before - I just got a kinda cool GranTurismo GTR car with lights keyring :) - watch it be pants.

The keys are as attached

Attachments

·
Registered
961 Posts
they look like u can cut them to the same as you car keys is this right ?

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Yeah I think they look like blanks which can be cut to your own car.

How much mate for either key. And whats availability like??

Cheers

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
Kenwood PSR components in the front doors, co-axials in the rear shelf, Infinity Perfect 10 in the boot running free air on a 19mm MDF baffle.

Good image, and plenty volume, but more SQ than SPL.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
The nismo key looks cool...

I bought a GTR key for mine, when I took it to get cut the guy has looked at it and sort of hummed to himself then after a few seconds his face lit up and he said " this is a key from a skyline innit ? "
I said yes it was,after that he was going on about how great they were and how many he owns on Grand tourismo for the whole time he was cutting the key !!

Then he only charged me about 90p to cut it:smokin:

I got 6.5 inch speakers straight into the original mounts I am pretty sure the std ones are 6.5inch.

/Steve

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
Steve the OEM speakers are 6.5" , but they are sort of hexagonally shaped, guess it depends on the replacements.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
keys

I would like one of each of those keys... can you let me know how much you can get them for....

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Where abouts in berkshire are you PMJ.

Please let us know prices of keys

·
Registered
592 Posts
Ive been told the GTR's can be had cheaper here than I can get them for after postage etc....

The Nismo is around £70 again depending on postage and the dreaded customs

·
Registered
520 Posts
A quick look on the TakaKaira website revels that they sell the Nismo keys for ¥4600. Whats that? About £25? I guess there's shipping and duty bollox to add on there too.

See http://www.takakaira.com and click on 'Accessories' for more info.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Thats the problem I got stung £20 on customs and £18 carriage they actually quoted more but I got it cheaper for some reason suppose a group buy might make it a hell of a lot better.

I got charged £34 for my key so suppose worst case is £55 with the saving of getting it from Japan....

Still it is nice though I still havent had it cut yet:(

·
Registered
55 Posts
Rich ta for reminding me - havent bidded on American Ebay before - I just got a kinda cool GranTurismo GTR car with lights keyring :) - watch it be pants.

The keys are as attached
I know Im dragging up a very old post. But does anyone know if you can still get hold of the GTR key in the pic?

I tried the link above, but could'nt find anything :confused:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts