GTR Forum banner

2 more questions!

1K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  JonDC2 
#1 ·
Hello again all,

1. Has anyone managed to get 6.5 inch speakers in the front doors of an R33 ??

2. Anyone know where I can get a nice GTR keyring?

Thanks

Jon

#4 ·
You'll get the 6.5" speakers in if you use some .5" MDF spacers in the original pods.

Remove the OEM speaker, place it on top of a sheet of MDF, draw around it with a pencil, mark the screw holes too. Cut along the line you've just made, drill clearance holes and counter bore them. Give it a quick paint, and screw it down to the pod with some sealant in between. Then screw the 6.5" speakers to the MDF.

Oh, I new there was a reason it wasn't so easy....You may need to split the spacers so they are .5" at the top and .25" at the bottom, or is it the other way around........

#5 ·
so what speakers are you running jason and how do they sound??

storm uk what do you mean by keys. Can you get the original GT-R blank keys??? And whats the NISMO one??

Got any pics of your key ring rich j??

#9 ·
Yeah I think they look like blanks which can be cut to your own car.

How much mate for either key. And whats availability like??

Cheers

#11 ·
The nismo key looks cool...

I bought a GTR key for mine, when I took it to get cut the guy has looked at it and sort of hummed to himself then after a few seconds his face lit up and he said " this is a key from a skyline innit ? "
I said yes it was,after that he was going on about how great they were and how many he owns on Grand tourismo for the whole time he was cutting the key !!

Then he only charged me about 90p to cut it:smokin:

I got 6.5 inch speakers straight into the original mounts I am pretty sure the std ones are 6.5inch.

/Steve

#17 ·
Thats the problem I got stung £20 on customs and £18 carriage they actually quoted more but I got it cheaper for some reason suppose a group buy might make it a hell of a lot better.

I got charged £34 for my key so suppose worst case is £55 with the saving of getting it from Japan....

Still it is nice though I still havent had it cut yet:(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.