GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
On a cold December morning at about 6am on a farm in deepest West Sussex my R33 was started up for the first time with its all new all steel 2.8 litre HKS conversion.What had started out as a late finish Tuesday night ended up as an all night session to get the job done,loads of coffee & a packet of chocolate biscuits kept us going.:)
The other Skyline to breath again this week is Stu`s R33 GT-S Turbo,he`s picking it up Friday night ready, like me,to bring along to the Grasshopper meet on Saturday,(enjoy it Stu,GT-R eater!)

As usual Gary will be on hand to talk anyone interested through both cars conversion specs on Saturday in the car park,so lets hope for good weather.

Thanks GT-ART,
Henry.:smokin:

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
The Grasshopper fly past is go

Henry. Good to hear your 33 is going again. And full of steel as well, mmmmmmm.

Make sure you and Gary get some sleep now as don't want you's two falling asleep at the wheel/s. We all know mistakes can be made when we are all too tired, working too late and burning the candle at both ends ;) .

See ya both Saturday.

glen

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Glad to hear.

Glad to hear 2 more Skylines arisen from the ashes like phoenixs..............

Well done to Gary.He really does know his stuff me thinks and he truly loves working on cars!The only problem ,or so I heard ,is that he also likes to spend alot of time at home!:D

Look forward to seeing your cars on saturday.

BTW Henry leave the modifying of your car to Gary and you stick to building. DO NOT attempt any mods yourself.eg.plastic pipes to aid breathing,etc.

:smokin: :D

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jamie

Are you drunk or worse mate?
:confused:
Henry:smokin:

·
Banned
349 Posts
Henry

Not drunk or under the influence:(

Just couldn't resist it:D :D

Se Ya SAT

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Derogative

Jamie

Why have you chosen to post a detrimental comment regarding MY work?

Do you think it is fair?

What started out as a proud owner of his cars excitement has been squashed with your false rumour \alegation.
I would expect the main reason for your comment is the fact that GT-ART have again done something different,
You could not even begin to undestand the dedication and effort that is required to get that car finished for the grass hopper meet on saturday,
I have never been detrimental to any other tuning house BUT I could be , as an example,
In your thread of your UNPROVEN 500 BHP you report idle problems due to cams ?
shuffling due to 25\10s ?
poor fuel consumption ?
Henry's car has cams and 25\10s it idles perfectly and has no shuffle and still returns good fuel consumption.
Your comments on this thread is an example as to why MARIO GTR has the hump. His imformation will be lost forever.

Looking forward to wipping your ass round the track or santapod
Gary
DT-ART.CO.UK
THE FUTURTIVE

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Henry..

Will you have the Supra with you on sat? Will you be frightening Espace drivers all day?
Any chance of a blast or even in the new Gtr.
Well done on a good job and it sounds the biz.
Easy on the digs guys...it is the season of good will after all.
Oh to have my GTR still. Another one soon.

Nick.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Senses of humour

Ahhhhhh, mmmmmm better change the table arrangements then :eek: .

But seriously folks I think (hope) this is a cross-wire situation due to peoples own personal senses of humour. Having met you Jamie and Gary a few times now I can see that 'trains of thought', 'ideals', 'outlooks' and 'humour' do ever so slightly vary between you both. NO judgement here on either of you as I find you both top blokes and enjoy your company.

Perhaps, like Saturday is doing, we need to get to know each other better before we crack jokes that are borderline with regards to peoples feelings/outlooks/work etc.,

Lets put this down to an upset balance of humour and look forward to a good day tomorrow.

See Ya.

glen

ps. Good job getting the cars ready Gary. The more the merrier.

·
Banned
349 Posts
My Joke

Dear Gary / Henry,

Please don't take any offence from my post. It was mean't tongue in cheek.

I can see that you where obviously offended though so I am sorry for upsetting you.

Gary, on the contry I drove the beast when Dennis owned the car and was very impressed even though I know you've done alot of work on it since then. I saw over 180 in it and actually broke the gearbox. I asked Dennis for your contact details but they where never forthcoming, at the time I was looking for someone to look after my 33, so you never know we may have been doing business.

Anyway, sorry again for upsetting you, I do realize you put alot of hard work into the new engine.

Kind regards

Jamie

·
Registered
6,091 Posts
Congratulations once again Gary.
I know you have been hard at work on all the cars.
Your dedication once again has come through to get these cars ready by Xmas.
Is your middle name SANTA by any chance :D
See you Sat
Best regards Alan

·
Registered
168 Posts
Purple Skyline

Henry

Look forward to seeing you tomorrow. Spec sounds great!!
Hopefully you won't need a can of WD40 this time! It just amazes me that all tuners do what they do. I know they get paid, but they do a lot for us Skyline owners who don't know one end of a socket spanner from the other, and that takes dedication.

Rgds Ian W

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
OK

OK Stress over,
I apart from being a garage owner, realy enjoy this forum and think of it more as a club, and it is the best club as it has the best cars and people,it is difficult to distinguish between a joke and a fact through a keyboard especialy after 200 working hours out of 10 days but please next time do it to my face so i can share the joke and laugh with you and thank you for your reply
Gary
GT-ART.CO.UK
THE FUTURETIVE
stu has a GTR EATER AND LAUGHED ALL THE WAY TO THE GARAGE
after I picked him up from the station and it aint finished yet GTS have LARGE potential

·
Registered
506 Posts
Smokey Stu is back on the road!!

As Gary's mentioned I picked my reborn car up today:D . Big THANX to Gary!! What an absolutely fantastic monster. I'm still grinning from ear to ear:D .

After all the waiting I wasn't sure whether or not I'd be pleased with the end results....

...the engines a work of art which has had a lot of heart and soul poured into it and the car runs like an absolute dream:)

Gary thanx for such a fantastic job.

A very proud Stu

p.s. Still trying to get used to teh wheel spins in 3rd gear! Can't wait to see what she's like once she's run in!!!!!

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
ENGINES

WELL DONE GARY GETTING THAT 2 CARS READY FOR THE MEET TOMORROW
PITY I AM A BIT FAR AWAY TO COME TO THE DAY
BUT HAVE A GOOD ONE ANYWAY.

KEITH

AND LONG MAY YOU PISS AND FART AND NEVER NEED THE DOCTOR

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
NICE

I'm not suprised Stu that you are pleased with Gary's work.

He did tinker with my car for while and I was very impressed/pleased .

Can't wait to see the cars from 'Gary's Stables'.:D:cool:

How much power and torque to you estimate your car has Stu?

It must be a handful trying to lay it down with 2 wheels.Be extra careful though Stu with the onset of cold weather and ice.

See you on sat

·
Registered
506 Posts
STILL SMILING!!!!!

Paul,

What a beaut of a car:smokin: . You managed to keep that one a secret. But what can i say...its awesome. You'll have to bring it to the next dyno day. As to your post i cuoldn't possibly quote BHP or torque as (1) I'm a pleb and (2) i don't know. It would be sheer foolishness to quote figures pre-dyno. Lets just say that i hope its more than original spec:D

Have a good Christmas and be safe. we don't want to hear of any Christmas accidents.

Best wishes,

Stu:D

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
GT-Art's cars

Gary,

Thanx for the spin (or should I say flight:D ) in your beast.I'm just speechless!
It just goes to show what alot of hard work and dedication can acheive!Well done mate!

I was also very impresses with Stu's cars and Henry's car or should I say 'The Beast II'?It looks like it has the potential to be one of the most powerful in the club if not the country!;) .

Look forward to seeing you soon!

Stu.

I know its diificult to say how much power ones car has but very roughly you must have some idea?Or are you going to keep secrets too?LOL.Remember,we are only shooting the breeze or should we say the web when it comes to power/bhp for there are many ways of measuring it,I think.Someone please fill free to elaborate.

MERRY XMAS.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts