GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Does anyone know if there are any events this year where you can have a go at reaching the magic "200".
I was just watching a clip of Rocket Ronnie doing 205mph in his R33 at bruntingthorpe a few years back,it looked like a fun day.
I think id get close but would love to see with proper timing equipment.

·
Registered
26,769 Posts
A127 southend bound should be ok ;-)

must be a few events in the summer

?

i think you would get to that speed in yours

you got an R34 box?

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OS Giken gear kit standard 5th rev 8700,like i said i think id get close but the day at bruntingthorpe looked great,lots of different cars and plenty of runway :chuckle:

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
TOTB mate or 30-130 event. I want to do a few high speed runs this year with my r34 box. Running r32 diffs so will have to rev the nuts out of it. hahaha

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
the average speed cameras on the 127 could be the official speed register, comes with a nice printout and photo, costs a bit though!

·
Registered
885 Posts
TOTB mate or 30-130 event. I want to do a few high speed runs this year with my r34 box. Running r32 diffs so will have to rev the nuts out of it. hahaha
Didnt they shorten the top speed run at TOTB ,so that means you cant get up over 200mph anymore now?

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Seroiusly?

I know the 30-130 day run by MLR is good and you are allowed to keep your foot in for a high speed run if your car can take it :)

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
yeah isnt TOTB 1km now instead of 1 mile.

30-130 is a very good place to do it, very good surface as well.

pupsi isnt the m40 a nice road, well so i heard! :)

·
Registered
531 Posts
think javelin trackdays have two events this year called thunder road its all about top speed on a 2.5 mile runway

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Oh post a link up mate. ;)

3,666 Posts
Rockets Rons 33 went 209mph from standing start @ Brunters in it,s old spec (2.7ltr T78)

They dont like Skyline @ Brunters now so we cant go back and break the 210mph barrier.

also the 200mph has been done on the A40 a few years ago , certain car flashed a
GSXR1000 to let him past......LOL

·
Registered
991 Posts
the average speed cameras on the 127 could be the official speed register, comes with a nice printout and photo, costs a bit though!
Right about the cameras on the 127, try the 4 lane section of the A1 near Peterborough.

The A10 just outside Hertford is a nice stretch but can be a bit choppy, (on superstreet coilovers)

1 - 20 of 62 Posts