GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stock R32 GT-R and I've tried to reach the 200MPH but the maximum that I could reach was 160MPH, so what changes should I do to reach the 200MPH top speed shown in my NISMO gauge?
I heard that changing the fuel pump will work because the original ones is limited, is that true?!!!

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
TweenieRob made about 185mph on a stock box at around 600bhp.

You are going to need a lot more bhp then a standard engine can give, and probably a new gear box as the gears in the R32 standard box isn't long enough for 200 mph.

Well, best of luck. :)

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
aerodynamics make a HUGE difference at that speed, as does things like tyre pressure, even the airflow over the body (how clean is your car) and most certainly do not under-estimate the importance of weight if you only have a limited run up

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
You are better off waiting till summer, emptying out all of air from the tyres and filling them up again with warm air. The cold air in your tyres from winter is denser and weighs more. If you get your car light enough, it will 200mph in standard trim.

Also, the yellow dye used on standard indicators is heavy, so switching to clear ones will make a huge difference.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
your engine must be putting out more than 600bhp. Basically, you need to dump 20,000 into the car in upgrades to get that extra 40mph, as well as run larger diameter tires. I think a high-powered R32 is gear limited to the 190's IIRC.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
160MPH, so what changes should I do to reach the 200MPH top speed shown in my NISMO gauge?

I would open the Nismo gauges,pull the needle out,stick it in @ around 50mph and you will get your goal really cheap on a stock fuelpump!Don´t hear of all the guys that tell you you need 20000GBP etc...,they dont know what they are talking about,just do what i said:chuckle:

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
I would open the Nismo gauges,pull the needle out,stick it in @ around 50mph and you will get your goal really cheap on a stock fuelpump!Don´t hear of all the guys that tell you you need 20000GBP etc...,they dont know what they are talking about,just do what i said:chuckle:
Oh man - why did I not speak to you before; I could have saved a fortune.
:D

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
On your clock or radar measured?
it's measured on one of those dash mounted devices that gives a digital read-out. Does 1/4mile, etc. Very similar to GTech meter.

The speedo still only says 180km/h ;)

i've recorded 269km/h (about 168mph) on the device. I know it's more accurate than the speedo, as the optimistic R32 speedo says 140km/h and the device is reading around 123km/h.

What is the "accepted" top end on a stock GTR then? (if mine seems unusual)

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
R32s are gear limited to 190-ish. You have to run larger diameter wheels and tires to get 200mph. I think GPS-measured speed is really the only accepted way to get true speed.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.