GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Barely used used her over the last 12 months so I think she needs to go to a new home :( I think when you realise that the most action your bike is getting is when you roll her out of the house to clean the dust off her then you know it's time to let her go to a new owner...

* 2000 X plate J1 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R.
* 30,000 miles.
* Lots of history (service book from prior to when I bought her in 2009 with just 7,000 miles on her and then I have always self-serviced her so have a bundle of receipts for this).
* Tax and MOT until April.
* DataTagged.
* Nearly new Bridgestone Battlax BT023 rear tyre (only had a couple of hundred miles on it since fitting - £135 of rubber!).
* Gold DID chain.
* Oxford heated grips.
* New battery earlier this year.
* Double bubble tinted screen (original screen is included for the asking price).
* Stubby'd Carbon Can Co exhaust (crackles very nicely on the overrun over 5k :p but not tinny or raspy) (original exhaust is included for the asking price).
* Carbon-wrapped intake covers.

She's also got the elusive T-piece infill section that goes between the rear lights.

She's lived in my hallway since I bought her in 2009 so has had the benefit of living in a dry, centrally-heated home :cool:

This was the last shaped Ninja that offered the comfier sports-tourer riding position. She's comfortable for long journeys, having the deep foam seat and has the looks, performance and handling of a full-on sports bike. Never let me down and still turns heads, even at 13 years old!! :D

As with nearly all Kawasakis from this time, there's a little paint flake on the wheels and the pillion pegs. Never bothered me much though but if you're reeeeally picky then a paint/powdercoat job would only set you back £30-40 or so.

£1,600ovno - located in Horwich (near the Bolton Wanderers Reebok stadium, for anyone geographically unaware of the sophisticated social delight that is Horwich). I've tried to price her realistically based on the prices for equivalent J1 models on AutoTrader (the cheapest J1 I can find anywhere in the UK is a 31,000 miler and is up at £1,744). Feel free to PM me or call/text if you have any questions: O798O617227

Nearly-new Bridgestone Battlax BT023 rear tyre:

Gold DID chain:

Carbon-wrapped intake covers:

Spots of paint flake on wheels and pillion pegs:

Thanks for looking :)

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have been asked for some more photos, so here they are as requested.

Clocks - not cracked/broken and showing exact mileage 30,383 miles:

Underseat storage beneath pillion seat - cavernous! As you can see, there's 4 DVDs in there and still got a load of room left spare:

Full original factory toolkit (you can also have the Haynes manual as a freebie too :) ):

Generator cover - silver appearance on original photos was just light reflecting. As you can see, it's not been scraped along the ground:

Same goes for the clutch cover:

Please feel free to ask for any more info/pics you might want :)

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've got an offer on the bike of £1,500 with the guy wanting to do the deal on Monday afternoon, so if anyone wants a sniff or is interested then you'd better get in touch ASAP :)

·
R35 Section manager
10,979 Posts
Corr very nice.
Wish I went for my full license now.

I better not have it or it will be kept in my front room doing nothing;)

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Great bike. I've got a W plate in the same colours but yours is in better condition than mine. As you say, pretty much the last of the more conforatable/usable sports bikes. Toured Scotland on mine in 2002 with a tail pack and tank bag and did 2200 miles in seven days and could still walk and bend afterwards !

A gearing change with a new front and rear sprocket works great on them and makes them a bit more frantic and ignition advancers work well too.
I love mine to bits, still a really pretty bike IMHO.

Good luck with the sale.

Cheers

Stu

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers guys. No doubt I'll regret selling it but it's not moved from my hallway for nigh-on 4 months as it is, and has only seen the light of day 3 or 4 times all year, hence my decision to let her go to a new home.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still available - had a lot of enquiries but nothing serious. She's still tucked up warm and dry in my hallway sat on a trickle charger so hasn't been out in the wet/wind/salt :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts