GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, many of you have probably already done the 2000 km inspection/service.
What do you recommend, race or street wheel alignment (camber)?
I have the 2000 inspection next week, but still cannot decide...
I will be using my car on street 99% of time, but still, if the tyre wear isn't increased very much with race camber, I would have it race, just in case ;)
And one more thing, I was thinking to have engine oil and filter changed at 2000 km (although it is not officially scheduled). What do you think about it / has someone done it on 2000km?
Thanx!

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
cant be bad to change the oil......id go for a setting inbetween "Race" and "Street",should give a good compromise and not wear the tyres too much on long trips...

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aren't there just 2 settings offered? Race or street...? Never heared of something in between...
Do you think that the oil filter should be changed with oil too, or just oil...?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Normally you have 3 settings;

City
Normal/street
and Sport

A '4th' setting is race; For the first 3 it is possible to change settings without demounting the front spoiler.
When I took my car to my HPC last week, to check everything before my trackday @ Spa I asked to put the car in Race setting.

Of course Camber is more, but I never thought the difference would be that big with Sport mode.

Next week I will change it back, as my tyres suffers a lot now and I have lots of vibrations +180km/u

The cornering performance is astonishing with Race mode but it is more than good enough in Sport.

So my advise; stick with Sport mode.

grts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had the 2000km optimization done today...
The technician in HPC told me that the car comes with the STREET alignment from facotry. He said that there are 2 modes, STREET and RACE. He reccommended STREET, so I put street...
Here is my data sheet from today... (my alignemnt was pretty bad from the day 1, I had to have my steering wheel a little bit to the right all the time, otherwise car was leaning a bit to the left...)
After the Optimisation, it's going straight forward :)
Do I have STREET settings now and did I have RACE when the car was delivered or SPORT or what?

·
Registered
352 Posts
I had the 2000km optimization done today...
The technician in HPC told me that the car comes with the STREET alignment from facotry. He said that there are 2 modes, STREET and RACE. He reccommended STREET, so I put street...
Here is my data sheet from today... (my alignemnt was pretty bad from the day 1, I had to have my steering wheel a little bit to the right all the time, otherwise car was leaning a bit to the left...)
After the Optimisation, it's going straight forward :)
Do I have STREET settings now and did I have RACE when the car was delivered or SPORT or what?

What was your impression of the HPC in Wiena? Good, bad or neutral?

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Neutral, and closer to bad than good...
I don't know if they told me the real truth about the camber settings (they said there are just NORMAL and RACE settings and that car comes with Normal settings from factory), they didn't explain the transmission settings to me (clutch, all about that +- 1,2,3 clutch alignment), they just said something about checking if the tranny learned something etc...
I also asked them to change the oil and oil filter, they did, and they changed the sealing ring too (dihtung), although I didn't say that (I forgot) - that was the only nice surprise...
Technically, I guess they are ok, but the feeling that is left is really not great
It is noticable that they are treating you and the car exactly the same as they are treating the Micra customer...they are not aware that the GTR means to the owner a lot more than just a car from place A to place B. (like Micra for example)

·
Registered
352 Posts
Neutral, and closer to bad than good...
I don't know if they told me the real truth about the camber settings (they said there are just NORMAL and RACE settings and that car comes with Normal settings from factory), they didn't explain the transmission settings to me (clutch, all about that +- 1,2,3 clutch alignment), they just said something about checking if the tranny learned something etc...
I also asked them to change the oil and oil filter, they did, and they changed the sealing ring too (dihtung), although I didn't say that (I forgot) - that was the only nice surprise...
Technically, I guess they are ok, but the feeling that is left is really not great
It is noticable that they are treating you and the car exactly the same as they are treating the Micra customer...they are not aware that the GTR means to the owner a lot more than just a car from place A to place B. (like Micra for example)
Humpf, that doesn't sound that great! But what would be the alternative... Budapest? or Italy, where no one would be able to speak a word of any foreign language...? Hopefully something pops up and we find a HPC close by which is a good one.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will continue with Vienna, Budapest and Italy can only be worse...

·
Registered
300 Posts
Switzerland have a GREAT HPC i heard : promocar

Only good review from french owners

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
I was offered 2 settings City or Race. I went for City.
I was told about a 3rd which takes all the camber out for driving back and forward to shops.
I know another member on here went for somewhere between City and Race at the same HPC - but he asked for it.
My thoughts are that my car won't be pushed very hard over winter on the wet roads, so come the 6month service around March next year, i'll go intermediate too.

I'll scan my settings when i get a chance/remember.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts