• £32,500
• Private Sale
• 2001 UK Spec Car
• Bayside Blue
• Nismo N1 engine
• Approx 480bhp @ 1.2bar. (Flywheel).
• 58,000 miles on the car – only 18,000 miles on the engine

UK Spec

One of 80 original Middlehurst Motorsport UK Spec cars, with Connolly leather interior and oil / gearbox / diff coolers as standard.

N1 Engine

A brand new Nismo R34 N1 engine (see note below) was installed 18,000 miles ago. At this point modifications were undertaken to raise the output to a sensible “fast road” specification, including HKS GT-SS turbos and APEX-i Power FC.

Initial set-up saw an output of approx 440bhp ATH (approx 510bhp ATF) @ 1.4 bar. As the car was to be used as an everyday road car, where reliability, drive-ability, and a reasonable fuel consumption was crucial, I did not want the car to be running at its limit, therefore I requested that the power was reduced to its current level of 410bhp ATH (approx 480bhp ATF) @ 1.2 bar, and 375bhp ATH (approx 445 ATF) @ 1.0bar, switchable by the HKS boost controller.

(‘ATH’ = At the hubs, ‘ATF’= At the flywheel).

This has been more than adequate for me, but the scope is there to remap the power back to 440bhp ATH (510bhp ATF) @1.4bar with no further modifications - or potentially even further, as the GT-SS turbos could be mapped to ‘splash’ boost to a maximum of 1.6bar.

All modifications, N1 engine, and mapping were undertaken by the experts at Abbey Motorsport..

Note – For those not aware, the Nismo R34 N1 engine was the Nismo ‘uprated’ version of the standard RB26 engine. Uprated features include N1 block, N1 pistons, N1 con-rods, N1 crank-shaft, Nismo main bearings, N1 oil pump, and N1 water pump. The N1 engine was the standard engine on the competition focused R32/R33/R34 N1 spec cars, and the basis of the engine in the R34 NUR spec cars. This was chosen for my car as a stronger engine than the standard RB26, to ensure maximum reliability, and enable future potential for any new owner wishing to further increase the power.

Maintenance History and Condition

I have owned this car for the last 3 years, using it as an every day car, thus the majority of mileage is motorway, A-road, or trans-Europe. I have not tracked or abused this car, have always ensured full warm-up / cool-down, and always run on Shell Optimax (although mapped on 97 Octane for additional safety margin). Car is usually run at 1.0bar for the majority of the time, with 1.2bar used where appropriate.

Car has been maintained by Middlehurst Motorsport for about 1 year, then subsequently entirely by Abbey Motorsport. I have all paperwork and service history from day one of its life. Serviced approximately every 3000-4000 miles.

The car is in excellent condition, and has been well looked after. The front bumper will also be re-sprayed before sale to eliminate any stone chips.

Modifications

Engine
• Nismo N1 (R34) Engine

Induction/Exhaust
• HKS Hyper-muffler Exhaust
• APEX-i Power Intake Induction

Fueling
• APEX-i Power FC ECU
• Tomei Fuel Pump
• Tomei Fuel Pressure Regulator
• Abbey Motorsport 600cc Injectors

Head
• HKS 264/272 Cams
• HKS Adjustable Cam Pulleys
• TOMEI 1.2mm Metal Head Gasket kit

Turbos
• HKS EVC-V Boost Controller
• HKS GT-SS turbos

Clutch
• Nismo Single Plate Clutch
• Nismo Lightweight Flywheel

Brakes/Tyres
• Ferodo DS2000 pads
• Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres (with plenty of tread left)

Other
• TRACKER Monitor
• Clear Front and Side Indicators
• iPOD Interface to stereo (concealed)

Summary

Sorry for the length of this post, but I wanted to make sure all of the info was available to prospective buyers.

The car is based in East Sussex, and I can be available for viewings most evenings and weekends, or potentially during the week daytime with a little notice.

Abbey Motorsport know the car very well, and I am sure they would be willing to speak with any serious prospective purchasers to offer their professional opinion on the car.

Please contact me via PM for further information.

Pictures

·
Registered
710 Posts
I want it so bad mate. The only problem is that I just moved to Canada. Bloody regulations says I can't have R34's here. I had to sell my Midnight purple 00' just to pay my way here. :(.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Now that's what I call a quality car advert! Good luck with the sale, not that you'll need it..

Mark.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Many thanks to all for the comments.

In response to the request for engine pics - I will try to take some this weekend and post them here accordingly.

If you are a serious prospective purchaser, please feel free to PM me to discuss further and arrange to view the car.

Again, many thanks to all for your support.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For those that asked via PM and on this thread for engine and interior pics - please find a selection below.

·
Registered
710 Posts
What an amazing Skyline. You keep it mint, I hope you've sold it to someone worthy, and who will keep it as nice as you did.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SOLD

SOLD :)

Very sad watching someone else drive it away! :sadwavey:

I wish the new owner the very best of luck with it!

I also wanted to say thank you to all on this forum that have offered advice and assistance over the past 5 years that I have been a member. In particular, thank you to all the guys at Abbey who have been fantastic in the service they have provided to both of my cars over the last 6 years, and also special thanks to Peter Everett for all of the advice offered when deciding on the N1 engine and modifications.

I have "temporarily" migrated to the Porsche camp, but who knows what will happen when the new GTR is released :thumbsup:

Cheers for now,

Ben.

·
Registered
710 Posts
BHopper said:
SOLD :)

Very sad watching someone else drive it away! :sadwavey:

I wish the new owner the very best of luck with it!

I also wanted to say thank you to all on this forum that have offered advice and assistance over the past 5 years that I have been a member. In particular, thank you to all the guys at Abbey who have been fantastic in the service they have provided to both of my cars over the last 6 years, and also special thanks to Peter Everett for all of the advice offered when deciding on the N1 engine and modifications.

I have "temporarily" migrated to the Porsche camp, but who knows what will happen when the new GTR is released :thumbsup:

Cheers for now,

Ben.
Ah from one six to another :thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts