GTR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here’s my game plane for 2002 for my R33 GTR,

New breaks I’d like to know of people’s experiences with AP racing 6 pots and the Tar-Ox 6 pot systems (Japan Sport or G88) or even any others in the 1,500 to 2,000 pound price range.

Next up a free flow 3-inch diameter catalytic converter with platinum tip oxygen sensors.

With the frequent failure of the standard sensors has anyone tried platinum tipped oxygen sensors :confused:

I’ve had handling problems since the beginning of this year having tried about everything else :( I’m going to replace the shocks. Has anyone tried the Bilstein sport shocks built for the R33 :confused:

When I can get the car to England I’ll have Steel turbo internals, high lift cams, steel head gasket, installed and exhaust bandage on the exhaust manifold to reduce some of the engine bay heat. :cool:

Finally if I’ve any money left a paint job and a nice set of wheels. :smokin:

I’m going to the Essen tuning motor show on December 2, anyone else going?

Any comments welcome Paul.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
My two pence worth!

Well as far as brakes go I put AP 6 pots on my stock 33 wheels with 343mm grooved disc, the calipers are slightly machined to get the extra big disc on otherwise 330mm would be the max you can fit. I have had Ferodo DS2500 pads put on the front and DS2000 pads put on the stock Brembo rears. The car has massive stopping power now. Two Saturdays back at Donnington park I had no over heating or fade. They get my vote.

Wheels.. last w/e I had Nismo GT3 wheels fitted 18x10's they look sooooo good with the Goodyear F1's on. I have lowered springs and the car looks great and drives very smooth indeed.

I had all my bits done at abbey and I'm very pleased with their work.

HKS Dual dragger going on Saturday morning befiore the Grasshopper meet and that will do me on the mods until spring 2002, then i'll be looking for some more BHP!!!..(wife permitting!)

...Ian

·
Registered
515 Posts
Don't forget Alcon

Alcon make some seriously nice braking kit. They're sold in Japan as Grex (Trust) but they are also made in this country. I'm guessing that this is their website

http://www.alcon.co.uk/

James

1 - 3 of 3 Posts