GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was flicking through a mag earlier on today and came across an article previewing the future releases here in Japan. It listed a light-weight WRX, a CVT Evo 7 (called GT-A)....but the thing that really cought my eye was the planned final edition of the R34 GTR!
Apparently this even sportier edition than the V-specII, will feature bigger steel turbos(...from the N1 I think), lightweight materials and a serious Brembo braking system(huge!). Not too many details yet ...but it sounds pretty damn good!:)

:smokin:

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
Hi Dino
There was a rumor going around on another forum that the R34 will be discontinued in march 2002 :eek:
What have you heard in the home of the Skyline :confused:
Best regards Alan

·
Registered
211 Posts
I think they have to because the (ugly) new Honda NSX-R seems to break with the 280HP limit.
Expect an updated Toyota screamer also.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Oh no! I just bought a 2001 R34 V-spec II!!!! :mad:

Dino, can you please let us know when you find out anything else about the final edition of the R34 GTR?

I especially interested on the light weight material and the hugh Brembo.

I might have to sell my R34 and buy that :(

Jeff

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
R34 GT-R Final Spec

While DCD is on holiday I thought I`d try to keep up with the latest gossip.
The rumours in the latest XaCar magazine suggest that the final version of the R34 GT-R will be launched at the Tokyo Autosalon Jan 11th.
It is expected to have increased engine displacement, extra stiffening and another unique body colour.

The bad news is that the R34 GT-R does cease production in August 2002.

I wish everyone a Merry Christmas, (just another working day in Japan :( )

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Its a shame that the R34 GTR has to cease production in 2002:(
Interesting info, you don't mind if I put that up on my website to you Bean?

Regards
-Elliot

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
It is bad news, but at least the signs are looking good for the next one !
It seems that a host of Japanese performance cars end production in 2002 - GT-R, Supra, RX-7 and a few others. My Japanese is not too good but it seems to be related to the emissions of turbo cars. Shin can probably explain better.

I'll post things up when I hear about them, at least until DCD gets back coz he gets to all the magazines first :)

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Bean, Has DCD gone back to Italy for Christmas or something, because for location it says Tokyo---------->Vicenza.
Am I right?

Regards
-Elliot

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
NUR spec ??

A bit more rumour regarding the final version of the R34 GT-R....

CarTop and BestMotoring magazines can't quite agree on the details but this is the best I can translate;

CarTop - it will be called the NUR spec, will use the N1 block and turbines, have a unique body colour (like Midnight Purple II and Silica Brass), have a gold coloured head cover, and be sold for 1 month only at a cost of 6 million yen.

BM - goes on sale Jan 24th, name is not decided yet, will have a balanced engine, use metal turbines (although not definitely the N1 ones), will have tuned suspension, cost is about 300 thousand yen on top of the base model you pick (can be M-spec or V-spec II).

The V35 Skyline 350GT-8 is also launced in January. This has the same engine from the new Z, but attached to a 8 speed CVT gearbox.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
V-specII Nur

Hi there,

I talked with Bean just now.
If there are someone interested in importing this limited edition, I hope I can help you.
Further information, please feel free to send me email or PM.

Yours,
Shin

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
ZZ-II

So it looks like CarTop was right....
Shin, do you know the special colour of the NUR spec yet ?

I've also read that the Tommy Kaira ZZ-II is postponed while they look for a new engine. Unfortunately, they can't use the RB26 for the same reason as Nissan. Damned emmision regs :mad:

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Colour

Hi Bean,

It was my pleasure to talk with you today.
As I told you on the phone, it is still confidential about the both of the limited editions.
So, I cannot post the information here.
Sorry.
But, I remember that I told you the colour!?

Shin

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Secrets

Hello Shin.

You are amongst freinds here.

Come on Shin you can tell us.We promise not to tell anybody,OK?

I hope you have a good time in the land of the 'Rising Skyline', and don't forget to bring back loads of goodies:D

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Sorry to put Shin in 'hot water' :eek:
Like all other tuners he is entitled to his secrets.

We were discussing the NUR spec version and several colours seem possible according to the magazines; these are White and near Black and there is some talk of leaving the carbon bonnet unpainted too.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Carbon

Left carbon would be awesome.

Without changing the subject, has anyone seen that Zonda in this months Evo (car of the year). Left unpainted, all carbon. It looks awesome

Cheers
Lee

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
loads of goodies?

Hi Paul,

I tried to get them but all the companies are almost closed, and I was so busy in Tokyo because I have to meet a lot of people such as Nissan, Nismo, Mine's and so on.
And I will go to Taiwan from 29th Dec to 2nd Jan.
It is very very difficult situation...
Further, I tried to purchase "Digi-Q", but I could not get any one because of sold out for the Christmas.

Yours,
Shin

1 - 20 of 24 Posts