GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking on autotrader . lookinf for a skyline r34 gtr ...came across a silver r34 v spec II ---- Y002 OPR trader in london selling it want £30000 for it ....so main pic looks as though a front ender...NO v spec bonnet scoop and front bumper is different. Knowing this i ring the dealer up AP performance on cambridge rd and put these questions to him...he was acting dumb and pretending he does know anything about the car he's just selling it. The whole point is why doesnt he tell the truth... FRONT ENDER ..and these are the kind of traders that we deal with ....BEWARE APPROACH WITH CAUTION...:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
164 Posts
thanks

thanks for lettin us know about this car, as i was going to travel from manchester to london just to find out that the cars damaged. would have wasted my time and money to go see the car.thanks again who ever u are

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah but mookistar u still expect the dealer to have the honesty to tell u that the has had a front end shunt....ur right in saying it may not be a right off....but still it is still damaged and who knows what else is wrong with the car ......they may be more damage under the bonnet that no one has seen yet:mad:

·
Registered
728 Posts
I have to say, at £30.5k and with 18k miles and being an 02 plate it had to have some faults somewhere. As long as its structually sound then i would still be interested (if was spending 30k). You'd probably be hard pushed to find a jap 34 without some sort of paint work for anywhere near that price. It would be good to see the jap auction sheets so you could see in which country it was damaged and then maybe find out more details on the repairs....

·
Registered
728 Posts
Out of interest what does Dodgycarbuster stand for or why choose that name? Have you joined the forum just to tell of this car? Why? Just curious...
Seems a little strange to me....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ahhhhhh the trader :D :D :D seems to have changed his autotrader profile to say it has had a slight bump.....WHY CANT THE TRADER PUT THIS "MINOR" DETAIL ON EARLIER

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Dodgycarbuster said:
ahhhhhh the trader :D :D :D seems to have changed his autotrader profile to say it has had a slight bump.....WHY CANT THE TRADER PUT THIS "MINOR" DETAIL ON EARLIER
Who are you and why are you here saving all of us???:D

·
Registered
566 Posts
This is classic web forum BS...The car is probably very good and well worth the price even considering it's accident history. Having just purchased a 34 GTR myself, I would say that at 30.5k it's definatley worth the physical inspection. Maybe when someone from this forum has looked at it they can comment.

Until that time nobody is in a position to pass genuine judgement!

Mark.

·
Registered
129 Posts
What is a front ender and a shunt ment to be. :D

GTR looks ok. If the chap had the correct bonnet and bumper u would,nt notice.
Chap probably dont no the unique differance between v spec 2.If he did im sure
he would,nt be foolish enough to display this.

When ender and shunt are used to discribe a damaged car,i feel like singing
Like a virgin touched for the very first time, like a vir eh er er gin.Like a virgin :D

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
It say's it's 3 miles from me, anybody heard of the dealer, no website...

I'm trying to stay with the 33 GTR as I didn't like the 34 but the shape is growing on me. So much so that I want one now...

I'm not saying I'm going to judge the dealer or anything but worth a look as it's local

Rob

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Howsie said:
That license plate does not exist on the DVLA database.
Yes it does.

Also shows the car has had no 'catagorised' damage (i.e. not been written off). So like most other cars, by all accounts has had a small bump at some point. Hardly uncommon

1 - 20 of 34 Posts