Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For sale is my Suzuki GSXR 750 2003.

Bike in great condition and advertised here:

2003 Suzuki GSXR 750 | eBay

DSC_3410.jpg

DSC_3404.jpg

Fantastic 2003 Suzuki GSXR 750. This is a K2 bike registered in 2003 and is mechanically identical to the K1 and K3 models. The bike is the best colour variant in white and blue and looks amazing in the flesh. This is personally my favourite model with later versions seeming to get smaller and also not being what I consider the best / original colour scheme.

The bike is in really nice condition. All the bearings and brakes are very free rolling and the engine pulls smoothly and hard if you open it up. There are no flat spots and with the Scorpion sports back box on it has a really nice sound.

I have owned the bike for nearly 5 years and it has been very reliable for me, having never let me down or left me stranded. I would feel confident taking it on a long trip without fear of getting stuck. It has been stored in a garage year round and only ridden on nice days in the summer. Whilst in my ownership it has been hibernated through the winter months and then serviced before being ridden. The bike was hibernated for a full year recently although was periodically checked over and started to keep everything well lubricated. You can tell the bike has been looked after from the paint and bodywork. Another plus point is it has a security set up that has also been 100% reliable. It has the Alphadot marking system and a Datatool system 3 alarm and immobiliser which was dealer fitted from new. I have two sets of keys including alarm key fobs.

The bike also benefits from a tail tidy, led rear afterburner lights (looks OEM / tasteful), +1 rear sprocket, Scorpion stainless rear exhaust section, R&G crash bobbins, single seat conversion cowl, rear passenger seat, rear hugger and double bubble front screen. All tasteful so the bike doesn't look or feel much difference from standard.

This was my first motorbike and has been really good to me. It is a safe, sound and consistent bike making it a possibility for the inexperienced rider but has more than enough power and handles really well that an experienced rider would not be left wanting (unless they are insane and probably need locking up...)

The bike has a full Service history. As I have documented below, there are periods where the bike has been hibernated meaning a few services have a gap over 12 months as the bike has not been ridden. I have all the previous MOT certificates which show how much mileage has been done and when.

Service history:
10/03/2003 600 miles
21/01/2004 3522 miles
01/04/2005 4689 miles
12/06/2006 6162 miles
11/06/2007 8291 miles
11/06/2009 10,109 miles

bike hibernated through winter and serviced before riding
02/02/2011 16,000 miles (new chain and +1 rear sprocket fitted)

bike hibernated
30/05/2013 19,206 miles
current mileage @ April 2014 19,823

The bike has MOT until the 1st of May 2014 but will come with 12 months MOT as part of the sale (or can be negotiated as part of a deal if buyer wants to arrange MOT)

It pains me to sale the bike. It has been really good for me, but I am just not finding the time to ride it, particularly as my family has grown. It is in really good condition and I would hope that anyone that buys it won't be disappointed.

No agents or test pilots. Genuine buyers only please

UPDATE 8/4: I can confirm my bike has had the major valve clearance service completed which is due around 16k miles.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts