GTR Forum banner

Are you interested in buying a next generation GTR?

• Yes, without a shadow of a doubt, I will buy one.

Votes: 18 15.3%
  • Possibly, subject to some final spec details.

Votes: 50 42.4%
  • Doubtful, at the moment the design/specs/price is not for me

Votes: 45 38.1%
  • No, I did want to but it's definately not for me.

Votes: 5 4.2%
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a general poll here, but it's an open poll so I want you people to be realistic. If you don't have the assumed £50,000 to spend on this car, then please don't vote.
I'm only after the impressions of those people who have the budget in the forseable future (next 12-18 months).

Based on the visuals we've been graced with and the engine suggestions, are you interested in placing a deposit down on this car over the next few months?

I am in no way affiliated with the sales of these cars, but I'm curious as administrator of www.gtr.co.uk.

Cheers all.

Cem K.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Even though I've not got the money I had to vote, "Doubtful". It's one ugly car and that is enough to put me off.

It might well be a performance masterpiece but who'd want to be seen in it?!

Also, the removal of the Skyline name is a bit odd. Saying "Nissan Skyline" conjours up an iconic pedigree, why remove it?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
As requested by the moderator i wont vote on the poll because i havent got 50k spare to spend on a car.

But if i had i would have to vote no, IMO the new shape 'Skyline' with the new engine configuration seems to be the equivalent of Subaru's 'bug eye' Impreza.

With a 50k budget i'd settle for a nice R34 and spend the rest on getting it quick.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
As requested by the moderator i wont vote on the poll because i havent got 50k spare to spend on a car.

But if i had i would have to vote no, IMO the new shape 'Skyline' with the new engine configuration seems to be the equivalent of Subaru's 'bug eye' Impreza.

With a 50k budget i'd settle for a nice R34 and spend the rest on getting it quick.
A couple of nit picky points - Its not a Skyline its a GTR:chuckle:
Option three discusses price! Im in the same boat regarding cost and my long term plans. I don't see me personally getting one or though if one fell in my lap I wouldn't mind (apart from being squashed) at all:chuckle:

·
Registered
553 Posts
I voted yes without a shadow of a doubt, hopefully by then I'll have enough to buy one,

I think it looks fantastic, modern whilst still keeping a lot of the GTR lines.

I also think it would be foolish to under-estimate Nissan assuming that they cannot better the previous revisions

This is the long awaited next GTR people, I doubt Nissan are spending years perfecting a car on the ring only to produce a half-baked car to exploit the brand.... they did that already with the Skyline coupe :)

stands by for flaming!

Sev

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
i voted possibily as my dad is getting more and more interested with it as he finds out more infomation on it

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
I cant vote as i`ve just spent my money on a certain Nur engine (and very nice it is indeed Cem) however if i did have the money i would probably give it a miss, i just don`t like the shape.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
i dont have the £50k nor will i ever have £50k to spend on a house let alone a car. but id say no i wouldnt.

for £50 id like to have a nice raw R32 with circa 500hp
a track weapon like a vvc tro
a classic mini runnin a cad 16v head on full straight cut box
and asweet nite in the local gentlemens club ;)

seriously tho, id like to see how one would compair to it close rivals before id decide.

ps. is it not worth putting a option on the poll saying "i dont have the money to afford one so id never buy one" that way we can vote too ;) be interesting to see how many can afford and how many cant.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
ps. is it not worth putting a option on the poll saying "i dont have the money to afford one so id never buy one" that way we can vote too ;) be interesting to see how many can afford and how many cant.
Read the original post and then read what you've just posted. Now go and stand in the corner, go on...........

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
yes but what im saying is why not add that option?

yes he only wants the view of the people who can afford it, but lets be honest, out of the few thousand skyline owners on here it would also be interesting to see how many look but simply cant afford it.

its a option that will take 5 seconds and will give him a more detailed poll.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Pig ugly

Noted a lot of you stating that you wouldn't buy one cause its ugly!!! People are just realising that the R32 is a classic - when it came out, it was a ugly beast! Skylines aren't about style (buy a Alfa), they are sports cars and if nissan keep the trend going then the new one will be on par with what the Germans can produce - although I hope the keep the price around the 50K mark>

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Just doesn't do it for me at all.

The design might grow on me though, I wasn't very keen on the R34 when it first came out....

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Wouldn't have the money in the timescale Cem has set, but even so if I did I wouldn't waste it on something that wasn't a Skyline anyway.

Quite happy sticking with the current one cheers.

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
I voted possibly, but i will probably wait a long while before getting one, just spent a good few pennis on another car :) plus all the talk of the CVT box is kinda putting me off a little.

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Even though I've not got the money I had to vote just so that I could up my post count and sound important despite the owner/administrator of this site directly asking people like me not to affect the results of this poll. After all, its not like this site is affiliated in any way with Nissan and the people who are actually responsible for building it so theres no need to do as Im asked and keep my lightweight wallet and ideas out of the equation !!
Way to go dumbass :flame: :GrowUp:

If you have to explain your feelings on the car then just post up your blatherings WITHOUT actually voting, as others have done.

For the record, I like all skylines to some degree, but only those with real performance interest me, hence why I have never owned a standard GTR or GTS-t. The fact the new car isnt called a Skyline makes no real odds to me, I am purely interested in its abilities.

I voted yes subject to details.

J.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I voted yes, but i have a 350gt coupe so a natural upgrade for me.

I do think this is a pointless poll.
Most people on here say they love the shape of the old skyline, which is a boxy shape, no problem with that but they chose the car because thats what apeals to them. Now your asking the same people to vote on a more completely different sleek looking car, almost 350Z looking, which would have a great response anywhere other than on this and the scooby forum. Most of you are enthusiasts about your cars and it would take a lot to convince you i think.

·
Super Moderator
15,960 Posts
Yes subject to details...depends if they do yellow:chuckle:

No seriously depends on final specs as to whether I would choose to spend the money - Currently am torn between that and a nice second-hand but not too old Porsche of some description within the next 18 months!! Or slightly less money on an R34 but they are aging now.:eek:
T

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
I've gone from hating the GT-R design to liking it (silver just doesn't work with the car, but black will do nicely). I'm more concerned about the tunability of the car - technology has come so far that the car just may not be that much fun to modify and tune, especially if the various computers and whatnot make it impossible. No matter how quick it is, if a well-tuned R32 runs circles around it (which it easily could), then what's the point?

·
Registered
7,624 Posts
Bladey, welcome home. Ditto my vote.

·
Registered
160 Posts
oh yes for sure!!! it looks the business!!:popcorn: :bowdown1:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts