GTR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into selling my R33 GTR and buying an R35 in the next few months. The thing is, in Ireland any car that was first registered after July 2008 pays road tax based on emissions (which are clearly very high on a GTR) So the road tax is €2400 a year. But, if the car is registered before July 2008 its taxed on the CC of the engine and its €1800 a year. Plus in order to register the car on Irish plates, we have to pay VRT to the revenue which is 33% of what they think the car is worth ONTOP of the price of the car and its usually 12-13k for a 2008 R35. I have my heart set on a UK car but I have a feeling that the UK cars are 2009 on and any car before that is a JDM model? Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Thanks,

·
Registered
227 Posts
I believe all 2008 models are imported and 2009 on are UK. Don't know what month the imported 2008's start at

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I believe all 2008 models are imported and 2009 on are UK. Don't know what month the imported 2008's start at
They started being delivered in Japan late 2007 (November I think) so you can find 57 plates at the earliest.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies lads. Yep it seems to be the case. I suppose the only thing i can do if i go ahead and get one is just buy a tub of valesine :chuckle:

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Thanks for the replies lads. Yep it seems to be the case. I suppose the only thing i can do if i go ahead and get one is just buy a tub of valesine :chuckle:
Keep some spare for when you want to get any work done on it. :chuckle:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Keep some spare for when you want to get any work done on it. :chuckle:
Haha I intend to get whatever the car needs done over in the UK when i buy it. I don't mind paying for the right car. I learned my lesson the last time i bought my first R33 GTR. I skimped and bought a rough-ish car with a few issues and it broke my heart and i ended up breaking it. The second time around i forked out and got a decent one. Theres no doubt when it comes to buying one i will be definetly buying it off someone on here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts