·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Every 18 months.

Or sooner if you track it and go above 120 degrees I think

·
Vendor
3,201 Posts
There's not much that differs between early and late boxes.

Regular oil changes help and a clean of the solenoid pack.

Nissan dropped the biggest clanger ever by not selling filters, must have cost them a fortune in warranty claims.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi OP,

My experience with an 09-10 gearbox recently is something I suspect many, if not all owners will have one day.

My gearbox was fine, had absolutely no issues, at all.

Long story short, I had expensive preventative maintenance done on my Evo X (SST) by autotorque and I wanted the same peace of mind with the gtr.

Remember the gbox was absolutely fine... I sent my GTR to autotorque for circlips, selonoid clips, dodson and albins internals etc. Autotorque even asked me "is there something wrong with the box or is this purely just preventative stuff you want?" (making sure im fully aware that i was asking for thousands to be spent for no reason!)

Once they opened the gearbox up they found the selector rings had shredded their teeth off and caused scoring on the solenoids. Also one of the main drive gears was knurled over on all faces. Long story short, all of the preventative parts I wanted, were needed, the car had just been driving fine without any issues but was on the verge of going bang!

Anyone without the preventative upgrades and servicing is just lying to themselves, or trying to sell on quickly to avoid the bill ;)

·
R35 Section manager
11,169 Posts
Hi OP,

My experience with an 09-10 gearbox recently is something I suspect many, if not all owners will have one day.

My gearbox was fine, had absolutely no issues, at all.

Long story short, I had expensive preventative maintenance done on my Evo X (SST) by autotorque and I wanted the same peace of mind with the gtr.

Remember the gbox was absolutely fine... I sent my GTR to autotorque for circlips, selonoid clips, dodson and albins internals etc. Autotorque even asked me "is there something wrong with the box or is this purely just preventative stuff you want?" (making sure im fully aware that i was asking for thousands to be spent for no reason!)

Once they opened the gearbox up they found the selector rings had shredded their teeth off and caused scoring on the solenoids. Also one of the main drive gears was knurled over on all faces. Long story short, all of the preventative parts I wanted, were needed, the car had just been driving fine without any issues but was on the verge of going bang!

Anyone without the preventative upgrades and servicing is just lying to themselves, or trying to sell on quickly to avoid the bill ;)

What spec is your car?

·
Registered
12 Posts
What spec is your car?
Before rebuild: stock.
After: stage 2 with substantial suspension changes like poly bushing, arms, arb's etc etc and some KW hls4.0s that i never use as much as I thought I would.

I believe its just a mileage, I don't know the history, but with every car with any DCT its one of the first things i do and its always surprising what is found

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
History is very important. Car could have been ragged around endlessly causing it to wear faster by previous owner(s). All components will wear over time, and some of it is down to pot luck. Sounds like you made a good call getting the upgraded parts (y)

·
Vendor
3,201 Posts
Why they did’nt include gearbox filters on servicing is beyond belief. They could have earnEd money on parts and labour but chose to give in to huge warranty claims.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts