Black Edition (Bose, etc)
Colour: UMS (Ultimate Metal Silver)
Garaged and in excellent condition
Non-Smoker
43k miles

Covered by AA transferable warranty

Priced realistically at £32k

Car located in Scotland.

One owner from new and with full Nissan HPC service history. Used daily and never tracked, this car is completely standard with the exception of the following:

Brand new (Litchfield) Alcon 400mm front brake upgrade ( £1600 )
Brand new (Litchfield) Alcon rear brake set ( £1400 )
2011 Transmission map ( £1000 )
Remapped throttle pedal
Nissan-fitment Tracker (active subscription) ( £1000 )

Once the initial Nissan warranty had expired I approached Ben Linney at GTC to obtain the 2011 transmission map and also to have the throttle pedal mapping updated to remove the standard "soft" pedal feel.

There in no Y-pipe mod. In fact there are no physical modifications to the car at all (with the exception of the Litchfield/Alcon brake upgrade kit) so it looks and sounds completely standard. The ECU map has been designed to make a vast difference to the pedal feel and not for bhp gains.

The throttle pedal map was installed and the map fine-tuned by Ben from GTC himself using the Cobb Access Port (AP). The map is switchable between 4 maps even while driving by using the cruise control buttons (it does not affect the standard cruise control function)

The engine is now producing the equivalent power of the 2011 GT-R. If you choose to modify the car then you already own the Cobb AP and license so you only need to pay for Ben's time to remap.

Cobb Demo Videos:

COBB Tuning AccessPORT Features for GT-R: Live Map Switching! - YouTube
Brief map switching - YouTube
Detailed map switching - YouTube

There are 4 maps (0-3):

0 - valet map
1 - OEM map
2 - custom for 97 RON
3 - custom for 99 RON

EVO Mag report on Alcon 400mm brake upgrade:

Nissan GT-R October 2011: Godzilla's Big Brake(s) blog on Evo Community by David_Yu

Litchfield report on Alcon 400mm brake upgrade

Braking News…

BAD BITS: the tyres will require replacement soon. The wheels have some rim marks and the front splitter has a scuff, none of which is visible in the photos but is when standing beside the car.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks exteremely good value. Best of luck.
Thanks. Having just spent £4k on it I reckon you're right.

Not many have aged this gracefully. Most anywhere near this price have spent much of their life at race tracks (don't let low mileage fool you)

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Must be the bargain of the year! GLWTS mate!

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
As above, clearly you've priced it a bit low due to the milage.
But it looks like very good value for money and a great entry point for GT-R ownership for someone.
Loads of performance for the money. :)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As above, clearly you've priced it a bit low due to the milage.
But it looks like very good value for money and a great entry point for GT-R ownership for someone.
Loads of performance for the money. :)
Thanks for all the positive comments chaps.

I've priced it low enough to hopefully encourage someone to hop off fthe fence and commit. It is higher mileage and it is in Scotland so I'd not expect folks to choose this one over a local car unless the price was right.

That said, if you think tyres are expensive then try pricing up a set of discs... this car has the best and brand new replacement rotors you can get. A set of Michelin MPSS can be had for £1250.

In fact .. why not ask me if I'll simply throw in a set of MPSS too :thumbsup:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
The Forum seems to have stopped issuing email alerts to thread and PM updates.... to me at least.

Thanks for all the good comments. All PMs now replied to. I'll be out of the country (and offline) for a couple of weeks from this weekend so any new PMs will be replied to on or after 11 Nov.

Calum :thumbsup:

·
Registered
125 Posts
The engine is now producing the equivalent power of the 2011 GT-R. If you choose to modify the car then you already own the Cobb AP and license so you only need to pay for Ben's time to remap.
Would it have to go back to GTC for a remap for more power ? Could an off-the-shelf tune be used instead as the car (well engine/exhaust) is still standard ? Not 100% sure how it works once you already have the COBB. Obviously the throttle tuning would be lost with an off-the-shelf tune, just considering options.

BTW I am in Dalgety Bay, Fife, whereabouts are you in Scotland ?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Would it have to go back to GTC for a remap for more power ? Could an off-the-shelf tune be used instead as the car (well engine/exhaust) is still standard ? Not 100% sure how it works once you already have the COBB. Obviously the throttle tuning would be lost with an off-the-shelf tune, just considering options.

BTW I am in Dalgety Bay, Fife, whereabouts are you in Scotland ?
If you speak with GTC then they will email you a map based on what you want. You can then record a 3rd gear pull on the Cobb and email it back for GTC to check. They will email you an update if required. You can keep doing that until you get what you want (and that GTC feel is safe), including a quick-action throttle pedal, and you can do it all without leaving Fife :smokin: ... so far better than any off-the-shelf map

I'm in Abderdeenshire so not so far away really.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts