GTR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
This may seem like a stupid question but here goes.
If I only want the transmission software update and not the engine remap is this possible? I would love to have the refinement as my car is used as a daily driver?
If this was the case would I have to uninstall before service at HPC again?
And can someone lend me a Cobb if that's the case :D

·
Registered
189 Posts
Will update tomorrow, 1st try the "fast" way (like CC did), if not working the uninstall/install route. very curious though, thanks for the vid OP ...

Ben

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Smooth

Glad i did not trade in the beast for a 2011 as i have now fixed the only thing that i did not like. The new LC4 is the Vicks nicks and has transformed the Beast.

Two more things to make it the best thing COBB has done this month will be fix the Gear learning and get RROFF when launching and I'm sure that is just around the corner.

Thanks Ben and all that have created this which provides a 2011 tranny upgrade for free. Now i can spend the £30K i saved trading in on tunes for more GG's:smokin:

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Really is noticeable upgrade, well done to John, Ben and the COBB team!

LC4 revs up nice and quickly, tried it twice in R mode and for a split second it felt brutal until VDC cut the fun. I think the solution for those wanting to launch will be a first gear map similar to the MY11 and then from 2nd gear reintroduce full boost. I don't have the minerals to try a 4.4k launch with VDC off, even with the COBB Level 1 LC and VDC Off there is already too much wheel spin anyway!

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Sounds good.

So I can compare eggs with eggs, can I ask what the cost of this upgrade was to you NIS006 boys?

D

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Sounds good.

So I can compare eggs with eggs, can I ask what the cost of this upgrade was to you NIS006 boys?

D
Nothing at the moment.

Only cost was to upgrade my original AP to the newer, TCM enabled NIS006 version.

COBB has released updated ECU and TCM maps over the last few years with no additional cost to the end user.

Custom ECU mapping costs of course, and I'm sure some tuners may charge for bespoke TCM maps for the big HP builds.

However for the rest of us who want 2011 manners in our older cars, there is no charge at present.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Thanks CC

My view was the extra for the NIS006 over the 005 wasnt justified for 99% of users - with this free upgrade that no longer stands true and credit must be given for issuing this for no supplemental charge.

D

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Is worth doing another group buy for updating 005 to 006.

With the launch of the TCM upgrade ?
IMHO after driving 800 miles with this upgraded tcm I cannot see why anyone wouldnt want this done.

The improvement over the 2009/10 tcm software is night and day.

Like I said earlier, I can now see why Clarkson thought the gearbox was completely new because in basically is!

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Thanks guys. Last week Joe added code to the ALPHA firmware that will allow you to install as LC1,LC2,LC3, or LC4

Feedback around the world is positive with everyone asking for the same thing VDC off launches. Cobb will make it happen, they have some exciting new members of the GT-R project on board now including GT-R racer Eric, also a Microsoft soft developer.

If anyone wants i can easily reduce your 1st gear boost maps.

NIS006 get free life time updates & support. Cobb are looking at ways to update current NIS005 online to save costs.

p.s nice vid Andy

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Excellent work from Cobb, Thistle and Ben to make this happen!!! well excited!!

All we need to know now is, when is the group buy to upgrade the NIS005 to NIS006 going to start? and is it worth waiting for the online upgrade facility from Cobb to be available? by the way how much is it to upgrade to NIS006?

·
Registered
968 Posts
Just spoke to Ben who luckily reminded me politely to TRFM. Had to uninstall the accessport from the car first prior updating the accessport. I'm an idiot. Will retry after uninstalling and report back how I got on.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I'm in for an 006 update (online would be amazing!) Great work from all those involved.
Cobb do it again ! I would also go for a NIS005 to NIS006 with the new LC4 software or even easier the online version. Ben let us know what our options are please.

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
I'm in for an 006 update (online would be amazing!) Great work from all those involved.
+1...was not sure the last time on the benefit of the upgrade but with revised gb software etc now too I need this!

·
Registered
866 Posts
Anyone done a 0-60 yet to see if we match or improve the 2011 cars ?

If you pull two down changes from say 6th, does it go straight to 4th or go 5,4 ?

21 - 40 of 186 Posts