GTR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I suppose there is an advantage to having continuous acceleration and putting less wear on the synchros by going through each gear? A block shift could be quite slow, although it didn't feel too bad when I drove a VAG DSG, it would be easy to have the box having a moment of indecision, which we are all glad to have got rid of with this update. Not driven PDK, how does it behave?

·
Registered
188 Posts
I just updated to the LC4 and am now running SD with LC4 on a 750R and as CharlesCharlie said it is like night and day.Soooooo Smooooothe! It has transformed the car.The gearchanges are so much better now and also the fact that now I can change down to first whilst moving is a plus.I am not going to try a launch until my g/box has been done by SVM at the end of the month,all I need now is to blow the box before I get it to the UK,but I am really looking foreward to trying it out.
A big thanks to Cobb and Ben at GTC for these updates.(who needs a 2011?)

·
Registered
986 Posts
I just updated to the LC4 and am now running SD with LC4 on a 750R and as CharlesCharlie said it is like night and day.Soooooo Smooooothe! It has transformed the car.The gearchanges are so much better now and also the fact that now I can change down to first whilst moving is a plus.I am not going to try a launch until my g/box has been done by SVM at the end of the month,all I need now is to blow the box before I get it to the UK,but I am really looking foreward to trying it out.
A big thanks to Cobb and Ben at GTC for these updates.(who needs a 2011?)
What upgrades u planning Peter, a 750r with LC4 with Traction off (when it's sorted) should be a rocket ship :)

·
Registered
188 Posts
What upgrades u planning Peter, a 750r with LC4 with Traction off (when it's sorted) should be a rocket ship :)
850R + 102mm exhaust + circlips + clutch.
Then turn the power down to 700-750 so that it lasts plenty of trackdays.
(at least thats the theory)

·
Registered
986 Posts
850R + 102mm exhaust + circlips + clutch.
Then turn the power down to 700-750 so that it lasts plenty of trackdays.
(at least thats the theory)
Nice, can only imagine that power, the 850R is built engine right? Or is that already done as part of 750R either way that sucker will fly. Were on the same wavelength though going to run mine primarily on lower boost for longevity until I can afford forged internals....but I'm the worst kinda mod...a worrier!!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Nice, can only imagine that power, the 850R is built engine right? Or is that already done as part of 750R either way that sucker will fly. Were on the same wavelength though going to run mine primarily on lower boost for longevity until I can afford forged internals....but I'm the worst kinda mod...a worrier!!!
Yes the 850R is a blueprinted engine.A worrier will always have a longer lasting engine,he takes more care.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Done the update, done some driving and gear changes indeed very very smooth, tried LC option (without letting it go), straight up to 4500 rpm, almost too scared to let it go ;) but will try that later with PerformanceBox installed to see difference between previous situation...

Thanks to everyone involved in this update (Cobb, GTC, Thistle, ...), great work guys !!

Ben

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
yup on the high power 35's using lc4 RRR, too much wheel spin brings on traction control. ive sent a few guys reduced boost in 1st gear but ideally need vdc off modified lc4

·
Registered
737 Posts
Would be great to see a timed comparison 0-100 of a EDM 2009 with Stage 1 or 2 and the new LC4 software vs a 2011 MY

·
Registered
737 Posts
Would be great to see a timed comparison 0-100 of a EDM 2009 with Stage 1 or 2 and the new LC4 software vs a 2011 MY

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Me thinks i'm going to upgrade:) Just waiting for confirmation on when the next batch can be done.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Ben said he will send me a map with reduced 1st gear boost to see if that enables the "launch" like MY11 then full boost from 2nd gear. Hopefully will get a time off the COBB :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I'm hoping to get hold of a VBOX so I can do some timed runs.

Will know by next week whether that's a goer...

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
Why does it go to 4,500rpm if LC4 only goes to 4k?
BTW, for those who haven't seen it, this was me driving the Nissan 2011 press car.
LC4 does seem to allow a helluva lot of wheelspin; I couldn't detect the VDC cutting in at all! (It only works in RRR if you didn't already know).

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
CC have you been able to launch without vdc cutting in?
Not had a chance to launch yet as the weather here has been rather wet.

Why does it go to 4,500rpm if LC4 only goes to 4k?
BTW, for those who haven't seen it, this was me driving the Nissan 2011 press car.
LC4 does seem to allow a helluva lot of wheelspin; I couldn't detect the VDC cutting in at all! (It only works in RRR if you didn't already know).
James May launched the 2011 on Topgear with R-comfort-R, check out 1.40 in..

41 - 60 of 186 Posts