GTR Forum banner

61 - 80 of 186 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
Not had a chance to launch yet as the weather here has been rather wet.

James May launched the 2011 on Topgear with R-comfort-R, check out 1.40 in..
Yeah I meant it would only work with VDC in R mode.

I used to think it would be quicker launching with the suspension in Comfort due to weight transfer, but actually I now believe you want to get some rear wheelspin to get the best traction out of the GT-R, so it feeds torque through to the front.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I launch my car in comfort and still get wheel spin with drag slicks! Would be intresting to see if the new software will actualy make any differance to the traction

·
Registered
669 Posts
Looks to me as if, at the moment, there is a difference between an 11 with LC4 & an 09 with a retrofitted LC4.

The wheel spin in the 11, does not cause the VDC to cut in wheras in the 09 it does?

I also think that a degree of wheel spin on launch is good, the difference between the revs & the road speed has got to go somewhere ;) and I would rather burn a bit of rubber, than clutch or gears, or just having the revs die :(

Rich

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Looks to me as if, at the moment, there is a difference between an 11 with LC4 & an 09 with a retrofitted LC4.

The wheel spin in the 11, does not cause the VDC to cut in wheras in the 09 it does?

I also think that a degree of wheel spin on launch is good, the difference between the revs & the road speed has got to go somewhere ;) and I would rather burn a bit of rubber, than clutch or gears, or just having the revs die :(

Rich
+1

but the modded 09 cars have over 10%+ more power than what the MY11 is quoted at. Hopefully lower 1st gear boost will work sufficiently to get it rolling quickly without VDC cutting in....hopefully test tomorrow night or friday:thumbsup:

·
Vendor
108 Posts

Rich
My hope is that when we find the VDC off options this will go away. For now we are still digging into the rom and seeing what we can find.

Joe

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Surely an amount of VDC is required to prevent wheelspin just bogging the car down on the line?

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I think unless you do what NickTo is doing (replacing the ABS/VDC module with the latest one) then for the older cars the best bet will be to use VDC off, better rubber or less boost. Or someone works out how to reflash the ABS/VDC module (not me!)

·
Registered
986 Posts
Hi Guys

Uploaded my LC4 last night and took her out for a spin today, certainly a marked improvement (big thanks to Ben and Thistle both legends)

My only question is has anyone else experienced more creep after the install, I've noticed a lot more on mine, didn't really creep at all on original LC2, As the TP/CC isn't working yet to eliminate it is this anything to be concerned about?

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Yep noticed that too, all part of ALPHA testing.

Feedback means improvement so I'm sure we'll have a more polished map soon.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Yep noticed that too, all part of ALPHA testing.

Feedback means improvement so I'm sure we'll have a more polished map soon.
Well I'm off on a 1,000mile road trip this weekend so I'll certinally put it through it's paces, have to say the creep does add to the smoothness somewhat, just wondering if the MY11 are setup with a little more as it does add to pull off smoothness. I'll give a little feedback afterwards I'll have plenty of manual shifting :D

·
Registered
189 Posts
Creep on mine is also less than before, on a flat surface the car stands still in engaged drive or reverse, think I like that, before it creeped just a little, I'll adjust if I like to creep a little again ;) ...

Ben

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Hi Guys

Uploaded my LC4 last night and took her out for a spin today, certainly a marked improvement (big thanks to Ben and Thistle both legends)

My only question is has anyone else experienced more creep after the install, I've noticed a lot more on mine, didn't really creep at all on original LC2, As the TP/CC isn't working yet to eliminate it is this anything to be concerned about?
I noticed it but went into clutch touching points which i had at 2 and changed them back to 0 and all is now fine. Check your settings

·
Registered
986 Posts
I noticed it but went into clutch touching points which i had at 2 and changed them back to 0 and all is now fine. Check your settings
I was under the impression that the clutch tp/cc functionality wasn't working on the alpha firmware release?

·
Registered
986 Posts
I know gear learning is not working but i did change the numbers in CTP and it did seem to fix the creep.
Cool I'll give that a shot this evening so, one final question do you need oil temp up before you can adjust points? I remember hearing it before but I might have only been for gear learning!

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
When I adjusted in an earlier version when I went back in the changes hadn't been applied. Not sure the present status, Joe is working on it.

61 - 80 of 186 Posts