GTR Forum banner

81 - 100 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
I wonder is the flash automatically adjusting the cc/tp settings or are the originals retained and the better clutch engagement just means it feels like their higher.

I'll give the adjustment a go tonight and see if it is retained, don't mind the creep to much but when slowing to junctions the car can feel like it's straining against the brakes a little which I take as being unnecessary strain in the packs.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
When I adjusted in an earlier version when I went back in the changes hadn't been applied. Not sure the present status, Joe is working on it.
I must admit that when i did a full unistall i expected the CTP to go back to 0 when i looked and found them to be 2 i made the change. it felt better at that time but did not check again after a drive cycle and have not been out since then

·
Registered
986 Posts
Ok so I got the creep eliminated eventually, firstly checked the tp and they were set to +2, so full uninstalled cobb, reloaded standard firmware, re-installed and set tp to -1 then fully uninstall again, update with alpha and re-install LC4, working much better now creep is gone on driveway at least, ran out of time to check on road but it should be fine, I think the new clutch engagement on the LC4 doesn't require the same amount of tp adjustment as the +2 tp setting was giving very little creep on LC2 but was really excessive on LC4.....all good now though :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Ok so I got the creep eliminated eventually, firstly checked the tp and they were set to +2, so full uninstalled cobb, reloaded standard firmware, re-installed and set tp to -1 then fully uninstall again, update with alpha and re-install LC4, working much better now creep is gone on driveway at least, ran out of time to check on road but it should be fine, I think the new clutch engagement on the LC4 doesn't require the same amount of tp adjustment as the +2 tp setting was giving very little creep on LC2 but was really excessive on LC4.....all good now though :)
Nice work! I'll get the LC4 TP figure out so you don't have to uninstall/and reinstall.

Joe

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I'll probably wait for the fix or just reset TP each time i go out as it takes minutes and stays ok until you turn motor off. Come on Joe burn some midnight candles for the COBB team:bowdown1:

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
This was picked up in my testing. ChuckUK, are you running this gearbox software on your car from us and are unhappy? If so, I'll give you your money back on the cost of this alpha software ;)

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Just trid LC4 again but with the 1st gear low boost map. Alas still VDC cuts the power.....does feel like a lot of wheel spin before the vdc cuts in though...:(

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Eric will be searching for VDC off if this is what you want. I just don't have the time to do this work these days. But it is planned and should be feasible.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Thanks John, not sure I want 4.5k launch with VDC off and a stock gearbox though....sounds expensive!

Guess the other option is wait to see if there is better results retro fitting the VDC from an MY11.....

·
Registered
866 Posts
This was picked up in my testing. ChuckUK, are you running this gearbox software on your car from us and are unhappy? If so, I'll give you your money back on the cost of this alpha software ;)
Nope, only mod I'm running is a GTC Exhaust.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Purchased my 006 from GTC today. They are great people. I cannot wait to get mapping. TCM changes are where I am really interested in things.

Cheers

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Purchased my 006 from GTC today. They are great people. I cannot wait to get mapping. TCM changes are where I am really interested in things.

Cheers
nice 1 Matt. you'll receive in the morning. give my mob a call if you need

this week has been hot for NIS006, Matt got our last one in stock.

There's been alot of discussion with Cobb Tuning about online NIS005 upgrade, all being well it should be happening

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Great news Ben....any idea on timescales / costs?

81 - 100 of 186 Posts