GTR Forum banner

101 - 120 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Received my 006 this morning, thanks Ben. Great service again.

As others have posted it really is night and day. Changes in the transmission are stunning. Downshifts are excellent. I have not accrued too many miles yet but I can tell the drivability has massively improved. Anyone who is thinking about making the change my advice would be; do it!

Ben it's a little wet here today so I will get you the logs when things dry out a bit.

Cheers

·
Registered
986 Posts
Right guys I'm about 600mls into my road trip and gave the gearbox with LC4 proper workout today with a few porsches a 458 and a V10 R8 and she was perfect, dropping a gear when requested and flipping up perfectly, was a lot of twisty roads and it worked a treat everytime in manual, in auto I found it a little hesitant in knockdown, but it may have been trying to drop two gears as there were a few impromptu sprints. Apart from that low speed manners in and out of towns was perfect no head bobbing or jerkiness but I probably went a little too slack with -1 on tp settings as I can feel the slightest delay on low speed pull away but that's my doing!

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Aberdeen to Millbrook and back on LC4 sunshine down and hurricane back and the box never missed a beat. Even did 760 deg round the fifth gear skid pan drifting all the way and apart from the smile on Colins face all else was well even if i WAS ON THE REV LIMITER MOST OF TIME. Tried every thing to break it and the beast still took me all the way home. Epic fun weekend out:chuckle::chuckle:

·
Vendor
108 Posts
I'll do what I can to create LC4 maps today that use Eric's changes to launch the LC4 with VDC off.

Joe

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
John, you still have OEM box or circlips?

What is the consensus of how a stock box can tollerate LC4 VDC off launch? LC1 was smashing gearboxes up, but was that because of how clutch engage?

Also, with 09 and 10 cars, we have a SNOW mode facility. With the MY11 software does this effect the snow mode, as the MY11 has the economy mode instead?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
John, you still have OEM box or circlips?

What is the consensus of how a stock box can tollerate LC4 VDC off launch? LC1 was smashing gearboxes up, but was that because of how clutch engage?

Also, with 09 and 10 cars, we have a SNOW mode facility. With the MY11 software does this effect the snow mode, as the MY11 has the economy mode instead?
I must have launched over 200 times now on all different surfaces with all types of launches and still not broke the box. Not worried until i have more GG's implanted by Kevin and the Team at SVM. When i get more power i am also doing first gear and the main shaft as well as the mechanical circlips and locks. for now with ONLY :chuckle: 650 bhp and dunlops i feel quite safe with LC4.....bring it on:runaway::runaway:

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Even did 760 deg round the fifth gear skid pan drifting all the way and apart from the smile on Colins face all else was well even if i WAS ON THE REV LIMITER MOST OF TIME. Tried every thing to break it and the beast still took me all the way home. Epic fun weekend out
Having seen John in action at millbrook twice now I can confirm he is a nutta!
Blue smoke like his tyres were about to melt...If anyone was going to smash a gearbox it would be him.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
:chuckle: i know John is dedicated, it would take a mad scot to drive down to santa pod then let the car idle away its fuel for3 hours so he could make a couple of passes on race fuel!!!:bowdown1:

·
Registered
968 Posts
Ok, finally managed to install LC4. What a difference! Shifts both up and down mega smooth. Fantastic. The 4500 RPM launch does the same like LC3, VDC kicks in and rpm drops to 2000 before getting on with it again. Think just flooring it will be faster. This all in the name of science, normally can't be bothered with launches. Anyway, thanks to Cobb/John/Ben. A great improvement and to all the guys who didn't upgrade their 005 to 006 version of their accesport: Hahahahahaha. Big mistake, get one!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Will be upgrading my Cobb from 005-006 when the next batch is being upgraded. Still a little concerned about fettling with stuff i know nothing about as kinda prefer a more plug/play approach, but if purely the uplift to LC4 gives enough of an improvement then it will no doubt be worth it.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Oh dear, better start saving for circlips now...

Well done guys. Whether launching works or not, the way the car shifts up and down now is brilliant. Best mod after my custom tune.

101 - 120 of 186 Posts