GTR Forum banner

161 - 180 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Nice one Ben. Notice same like on mine, idle RPM seem to have got up to 1000 RPM (used to be more like 800?) and also when starting the car she starts at 2000 RPM (quickly dropping to app 1600). Think that was also lower prior to installing LC4?

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I noticed 2000 rpm startup. Probably subtle differences in the way torque us modelled in the newer ECM, may also explain the 300-400 rpm higher launch.

The 2000 rpm startup is mild compared to a Ferrari, I always wanted something that started with an angry flare :)

·
Registered
968 Posts
I noticed 2000 rpm startup. Probably subtle differences in the way torque us modelled in the newer ECM, may also explain the 300-400 rpm higher launch.

The 2000 rpm startup is mild compared to a Ferrari, I always wanted something that started with an angry flare :)
Haha, it was just an observation not a complaint. Noise = good. And since I work for an oil trader : oil consumption has it's benefits too. :squintdan

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
Nice one Ben. Notice same like on mine, idle RPM seem to have got up to 1000 RPM (used to be more like 800?) and also when starting the car she starts at 2000 RPM (quickly dropping to app 1600). Think that was also lower prior to installing LC4?
Noticed the higher idle on mine as well...sounds good!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Cold idling here also 2000 rpm at startup, dropping rather quick, no complaints though, like the aggressive startup :) (especially with the new exhaust)...

Ben

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Yes higher idle, no complaints, the extra creep is surely the solution to why the old software was a bit jumpy in 1st and revers, i would imagine not something you want to be dialing out?

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
Quick question - do MY11 idle higher than earlier models.
I don't seem to remember so during my drive. And I'm pretty sure they don't creep as aggressively either. I have to hold the brake quite firmly on mine at the moment.

I'm sure once TP and CC is restored to 006 APs we'll be able to dial it in according to our personal preferences again.

I agree that some creep is essential to making pick up smooth though.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Quick question - do MY11 idle higher than earlier models.
It does seem to be the case Phil, from memory my 2010 car idled at 750rpm my 2011 car at 800rpm, with a much higher start-up fast idle speed of nearly 2000rpm, which I don't care for.

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
It does seem to be the case Phil, from memory my 2010 car idled at 750rpm my 2011 car at 800rpm, with a much higher start-up fast idle speed of nearly 2000rpm, which I don't care for.
Does it creep quite noticeably more than the earlier cars?
If it does, maybe the Cobb is doing exactly what it's supposed to!

·
Registered
986 Posts
Does it creep quite noticeably more than the earlier cars?
If it does, maybe the Cobb is doing exactly what it's supposed to!
What tp setting are you running David? Mine was +2 pre install and with LC4 creep was just too bad and the car was actually straining under braking at junctions so I uninstalled and set to -1, to be honest it's probably a little too slack although there is no creep I think setting them to 0 will probably give me an even smoother pull off. It's just a long process to adjust at the moment until tp/cc adjustment is working.

·
Registered
237 Posts
What tp setting are you running David? Mine was +2 pre install and with LC4 creep was just too bad and the car was actually straining under braking at junctions so I uninstalled and set to -1, to be honest it's probably a little too slack although there is no creep I think setting them to 0 will probably give me an even smoother pull off. It's just a long process to adjust at the moment until tp/cc adjustment is working.
Its all about the smooth pull off init

;)

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Is the LC4 maps (for 2010 UK GTRs) available publicly? Just finished installing my Cobbs (006) but the best maps I can find are the LC2 ones...

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
did you get you AP via robbie magic ? should be on there with alpha firmware updated. if not email me
emailed

Yes, I got the Cobbs through Robbie at Valet Magic. I think this is the file that was on the Cobbs when I got it...
EDM GTC 0-3 map switch v2.ptm

Is that the correct one? I think it was greyed out when I loaded up this evening.

161 - 180 of 186 Posts