GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just joined your site as I'm about to get my first GTR. I was looking at the V10 RS6 but found that even the tuned ones were a little boring to drive, then I took a 2010 (600hp) GTR out yesterday and Oh boy what a difference. Definately hooked :smokin:

Is there any real difference I should know about between an 09 and a 10 plate car?

These are the two I'm looking at..................

(Sorry, just found that I can't post links till I have 15 posts.)

2010 but higher mileage (51,000)
Nissan Gt-R 3.8 PREMIUM EDITION WITH 600BHP DONE PROPERLY!! 2dr

2009 Black edition
Nissan Gt-R 3.8 Black Edition 2dr Auto
650BHP Nissan GT-R R35 Black Edition, Litchfield Stage 4.25 (stage 4 plus downpipes)

Any help is greatly appreciated.
I may of met some of you at the Llanbedr Runway event in April this year, I was the leather clad gimp on the turbo ZX14 wressling with the damp conditions!!!

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Welcome.....think any of them might feel sedate after that bike:)

My10 has the following over my09:

Gearbox cooler/warmer
I-Pod - full connectivity and in screen display
Sat Nav - 3d version
updated binnacle display
DVD/CD hard drive
passenger seat electric switch (although some lates 09's had this too)

I would say go for whatever car is in the best condition, lowest miles and look out for the usual suspects such as tyres, brakes, Bellhousing, light misting etc etc...both now out of warranty which should probably be a consideration.

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Welcome, I was at the LLanbedr event last April too.

How many miles has the 2009 car done?

What's the difference in price between the two?

Remember you need to consider the condition of tyre, discs and pads on both cars. If they're almost new on one car and almost shot on the other that's a major financial consideration. A set of tyres are £1,300 - £2100 and a full set of discs and pads all round could cost you anything between 2k and 4k to replace.

As has been stated the differences between MY2009 and My2010 are subtle

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
If it's between a late 09 and MY10 I would consider other factors as mentioned above - low mileage would be one thing I'd look out for and any remaining warranty or extended warranty would be a bonus!

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
2008 still going strong - Welcome btw

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for your prompt and helpful replies, a deposit has now been placed on a forum car :clap:

·
Registered
754 Posts
Congratulations & welcome to the forum.
Balls of steel at Llanbedr in the wind & rain on that bike ...

Protegimus

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers Protegimus, I had to turn the power down to 265hp as 360 on the wet track was unmanageable, even then I was still doing 1 mile burnouts!!!!

Bought a Japspeed carbon rear wing just to put a personal touch, mind you I don't get the car till Friday.

·
Registered
174 Posts
are you comparing them just because of reg or chassis number? remember its only the chassis number what tells them apart not the reg as i found most 10 plate cars were 10**** chassis numbers which meant they were earlier cars. Saying all that there is not much difference tbh and from what i seen resale values were not different based on which chassis number you had, only on here were people anal about cars :) go figure lol

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
are you comparing them just because of reg or chassis number? remember its only the chassis number what tells them apart not the reg as i found most 10 plate cars were 10**** chassis numbers which meant they were earlier cars. Saying all that there is not much difference tbh and from what i seen resale values were not different based on which chassis number you had, only on here were people anal about cars :) go figure lol
Yup all engines and gearboxes made by hand by humans in the SAME factroy since mine was built in 2008 !!!

However, if you wanna get caught up in the Nissan - I gotta spend £20k more for £2k improvement -hype, be my guest:D

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm sure I'll be more than happy with the 09 'plater'. The only difference I saw was that the 10 plate one had SatNav but to be honest if I got lost that would mean I'd be spending longer in the car............... That surely has to be a good thing :D

72hrs to go untill collection :runaway:

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Yup and for £100-00 you can buy a good Sat Nav with all European maps too !!!

No Brainer really

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
TBH I tend to use Google maps on the Galaxy S3 as I fould it way more accurate than car SatNavs. Even have a kit for the bike.

Does anyone know of a decent phone charge/holder for the S3 that fits the GT-R. I've been seaching Ebay etc but not seen anything specific.

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
There you go, so you pay nothing extra - so you could buy a 2008 car and save yourself shed loads LOL

How about Duck Tape :)

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
My car makes me sticky LOL !!!

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Brilliant Max :thumbsup:

The Carbon wing arrives tomorrow, don't worry I'm not sending it to your house.................

1 - 20 of 22 Posts