GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With my R35 due early 2010 does anyone have the "heads up" whether the colour range is to be extended? Also a little concened as to best colours as have read on a number of sites noticable mis match on paint body to bumpers. From those who have their cars now, is the paint hard or would you recommend a glaze treatment such as Zymol? Many thanks

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Hi mate.

Best bet would be to visit detailingworld.co.uk. People who buy new cars over there ask for the dealer not to prepare the car for sale, and get a pro in to do it. Some of the new cars i've seen already have swirl marks in the paint already.

Also, they do talk about the paint being very very soft, so get some tips over there to keep it as fresh as possible (2 bucket washes, drying towels etc etc).

Well worth a butchers seeing as its a nigh on 60k car!

HTH

·
Registered
634 Posts
I have been given given a little help in this department from the GTR detailing expert.

Snow foamed my car and then pressure washed it off. Then used some Maxi Suds II shampoo with the two bucket method. I left the car damp and then
I clayed my car with Serious Performance Fine Clay and Quick Detailer - some people say they do not need claying but I had some leaf residue and some small marks from bug guts that had stained the paint.

Then used the Serious Performance Paint Cleanser to get the paint really clean (this is way more important than the waxing stage as clean cars look best)

I did not use a wax as I had used Colonite 476 and even though it is a mega hard wax it did not give the pearl in the paint a good enough pop. So I went with the Finish Kare #1000 which is a sealent rather and a wax and is very very hard.

I finished it off with a quick spritz with the Serious Performance Slick Show Detailer which gives it a real "Gleam" and makes the weekly washes easier as it helps to stop the dirt sticking to the paint.

Hope this helps

(the great thing with this process is the fact that every thing used requires very small amounts so once purchased you will have enough goodies for a year other than the detailer and shampoo)

Kp

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
I expect there will be an additional colour ( and maybe one existing colour deleted in lieu)

A few comments elsewhere on mismatch; white and other colours

Personally think the car suits metallics best, but that's just my view

·
Registered
634 Posts
A few comments elsewhere on mismatch; white and other colours

Personally think the car suits metallics best, but that's just my view
The Storm White, UMS, Gun Metallic and Ti are all metallics, is the black just a gloss or is there some metal in there, I have only seen the Black in a show room.

Kp

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi, I currently have a black car on order and as far as I am aware both the Kuro black and Vibrant red paints are "flat" ie. non metallic,but you are correct in that they are a gloss finish.The other current four colours are metallic.I have heard that Titanium silver is/will be the first colour to be deleted,no info from Nissan as yet as to it's replacement.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts