GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I know this has been discussed before, but I really am having issues with my 2010 GTR now, to the extent that I'm thinking of getting rid of it and getting a used 997 Turbo or writing to Nissan declaring it unfit for purpose and seeing what happens.

I find it really uncomfortable to drive at low speeds, the car kangaroos badly at under 15 Mph, making me look like a jerk, and the revving in neutral for a second before it bothers to engage first gear is equally as embarrasing and makes me very slow to exit junctions and pull away from roundabouts.

Does anyone else have these issues?

By the way, I have a Miltek Y pipe fitted, the car has done 17K miles now, if you would like to swap it for your factory Y pipe + £150 you are welcome to it but you'd need to arrange the labour.

Thanks, sorry for sounding grumpy

Steve

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
If you speak to Iain at litchfield, he can sort your kangaroo out. Do some searching on here and you will find the stories of owners who have upgraded to the 2011 gearbox software for a small sum and it's VASTLY improved :thumbsup:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Won't the gearbox remap invalidate the warranty on the gearbox?

Also - Don't quite understand why you're in neutral at junctions? Is this where you've had the handbrake on and then on releasing it the car revs as it allows drive - or do you put the car into neutral? If the latter then wondering why people put it into neutral? As far as I know it's not advised by Nissan that you do this and surely just adds more wear?

My 09 gearbox gets pretty confused when going down into 1st gear fairly often and at low speeds isn't the last word in refinement, but doesn't 'kangaroo'?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Won't the gearbox remap invalidate the warranty on the gearbox?

Also - Don't quite understand why you're in neutral at junctions? Is this where you've had the handbrake on and then on releasing it the car revs as it allows drive - or do you put the car into neutral? If the latter then wondering why people put it into neutral? As far as I know it's not advised by Nissan that you do this and surely just adds more wear?

My 09 gearbox gets pretty confused when going down into 1st gear fairly often and at low speeds isn't the last word in refinement, but doesn't 'kangaroo'?
No, I never put it in neutral, I do tend to use the car in manual mode, and often change down all the way to first, but its not really in first even though it says so, it seems to go to some neutral place then actually engage first once you press the accelerator for a second. I might try not engaging first and seeing if pulling away in 2nd or 1st (or whatever it chooses) is better.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, I never put it in neutral, I do tend to use the car in manual mode, and often change down all the way to first, but its not really in first even though it says so, it seems to go to some neutral place then actually engage first once you press the accelerator for a second. I might try not engaging first and seeing if pulling away in 2nd or 1st (or whatever it chooses) is better.
I think I just don't like Autos - best on Jags and Mercs....

·
Registered
115 Posts
don't want to appear rude but if its not your driving take the car in asap to your local hpc as mine runs perfectly at 28k

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
t cant post the link but there is a guy on You tube that has had the same issue and appears to have sued Nissan using Lemon Law

"Lemon Law Won! Nissan GT-R 2010 Transmission Problems"

·
Registered
237 Posts
You can always have a clutch relearn done at your HPC.

It sounds like it may have something to do with the hill assist engaging on your car.

Doesnt sound right. Get them to have a look and ask if you have the upto date software for your gearbox.

This may resolve it.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Hi - Sounds good, can I try (or ride in) a car thats had the box remapped? I'm based in Maidenhead
i just got the 2011 gearbox software upgrade done at Litchfields and it does make a hell of alot of difference to the car. The car drives more composed now. it doesn't hesitate to go into a specific gear when coming towards a roundabout or speed bump. takes off from lights without any issue....no kangarooing. it feels more like a proper auto. it gears up sooner and smoother than i've ever felt before.

The 24 month optimisation will cure your issue to a point too. but if you want to have a blast i'm based in streatham. if you ever venture this way let me know.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts