GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all , Thought I would share some of our plans for the 2010 time attack season.

Last year we ran 2 cars in club class,
24 Eis Bar(mwebster) Ran in this little baby

And 23 Silverback ran in this one

For 2010 we have a slightly different plan

Eis Bar has a new car that is now in development it looked like this last year

This year it will be in white,
New N1 block,
Full counter billet 2.8 crank
H beam Rods
Forged Pistons
Steel head gasket
Step 3 cams
Race spec head
Nismo Intake
Greddy 150mm Intercooler
Jun oil pump
N1 Water pump
huge alloy Radiator
custom oil coiler system
Custom super light Flywheel
7.5" race triple plate clutch
OS Giken 1-5 gearbox
Gt42 Turbo with 60mm Eternal Waste gate
4wd Controller
Dry Carbon Bonnet
GRP doors
GRP boot
Lexan windows
Solid mounted Rear sub frame
Diff coolers
Stich welded / Riveted Shell
Interchangeable Carbon Spoilers (one large one small)
AP Racing brakes all round
Custom Made wheels , 18x11 Rear and 18x9 front
Coil over Suspension(cant remember make but supposed to be better than nitrons)
Funky Roll cage
Custom Fuel system
1000cc Injectors
Electronic Dash
one piece Racing shells
Built in Fire system
Single wiper conversion
Electric screen heater(original all removed)
Link ECU
Up rated front and rear diff's
Quick release front bumper.

Further improvements planned during the season
Quiafe 6pd sequential gearbox
Custom closed loop flat shifter
twin Bottle wet Nitrous system

Silverback will be running club class again in Eis bar's 2009 car with some improvements

2009 Spec

Tomie 2.8l internals
RRR Block
Step 2 cams
Tomie oil pump
Custom Fuel system
Gt4088 with 60mm External waste gate
OS Giken 1-5 Gearbox
Custom Superlight flywheel
Race 7.5" triple plate clutch
Link G4 ECU
Dash dodger cage
up rated rear diff
Nitron Suspension
AP Racing Brakes all round
Ikeya formula arms all round
GRP Bonnet
GRP Vented wings
Lexan rear screen + Rear quarters
one piece Racing shells
Greddy 150mm Intercooler
Greddy Radiator

Improvements for 2010 start
Engine Refresh
N1 Water pump
Funky MSA approved Cage
GRP Doors with Lexan windows
GRP Boot
Carbon high mounted spoiler
Built in Fire system
Electric screen heater(original removed)
4wd controller

Further plans during 2010 season
Quaife 6pd sequential gearbox
Custom closed loop flat shifter

Prob missed loads of bits off the specs but it hopefully gives you a good idea of them :D
Will post more pics as we have them.

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Nice cars :thumbsup:
How did install the electric screenheater? As I had ditched my original matrix and heater for a while but an electric blower wasn't upto the job to keep my front windscreen fog-free when it was raining :(

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Marcus - you in Club Pro with Ron's old car?

Is it Walter Morris in your old car?! Think that should be in Club Pro too LOL it was ****in quick last year!
Hi Adam, yeh I am in Club Pro this year and yeh it is Rons old car with a bunch of improvements I hope.
The Engine is all new and alot more powerfull than when Ron ran it, the wheels are all new and directoinal to suck air over the brakes, the brakes are brand new and imo better. and of course she is having a brand new paint job and a slightly smaller spoiler for the long tracks and the original huge one for the short twisty ones.

Walter is in my old car but his car from last year was actually the same spec as mine but the engine let go at the end of the year(split block on No5) so we decided to let him run my old one this year with a bunch of improvements. It would be going to Club Pro but we cant get it up to spec in time(and not sure walter is ready for it TBO).
you and Fee are welcome to nick some tips from it , was an awesome car.
At Snetterton I have to say I finally got the setup right on it and if I knew the track better it had a bit more to give. Happy to share info with fellow Skyline time attackers :thumbsup:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice cars :thumbsup:
How did install the electric screenheater? As I had ditched my original matrix and heater for a while but an electric blower wasn't upto the job to keep my front windscreen fog-free when it was raining :(
Ahh well we have cheated there. We have the std cold fan on the normal blowers and a heater unit mounted in front of the driver, seems to work :D

Thnx to everyone for the comments will get some more pics up soon.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok a few more shots of the White R32 in bits:smokin:

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
looking good :)

Where is the cage from and who fitted it (your old white one). Thats something we need to change in Fee's.

What power is it running this year/last year. There were alot of rumours last year as you may know LOL. I thought it was about 700bhp (flywheel) some were saying 800+bhp :O

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Where is the cage from and who fitted it (your old white one). Thats something we need to change in Fee's.

What power is it running this year/last year. There were alot of rumours last year as you may know LOL. I thought it was about 700bhp (flywheel) some were saying 800+bhp :O
I didnt know I was being talked about that much ;-) it was 690.9 bhp @ wheels last year and will be pretty much identical this year(#23 was also running within 2 bhp of that).
The cage was done by a chap down near RK and it is a perfect job , it goes through to the suspension on the front, the dash cross bar is part of the cage with all the brackets welded onto it, it is welded to the shell on the pillars. I was very impressed and it is MSA approved, i will find the address etc and get it posted up for you.

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Looking forward to chasing Furball round (different class, but might be on track at the same time :) )

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ta :)

690bhp at the wheels :O poor old Fee was running 476bhp at the wheels for Snetterton LOL
yeh she would struggle to hold on at that, tell you what though I could not hold onto Russ on the straights in the final so god knows what he was running, hopefully though Russ will be in CP with myself and Duncan. It would not be fair for any of the top few from 2009 club to stay there imho.

Fee should consider a single GT4088R as we run, my bro runs a 2.6 with a 4088 and gets a tidy and very safe [email protected] wheels from it and it drives lurvly...

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looking forward to chasing Furball round (different class, but might be on track at the same time :) )
you got a good chance of being on track with him, he is gonna take some catching though.

·
Registered
798 Posts
my bro runs a 2.6 with a 4088 and gets a tidy and very safe [email protected] wheels from it and it drives lurvly...
Good thread..love the 2 cars..really hardcore.Ron loves hes huge wings!!!

What spec is the head in your bros gtr..cams etc?? and what fueling spec is he running?Im thinking of going down the 4088 route myself with a .5m oversize 26.Is your bros car laggy??What boost for [email protected]?

Sorry for the all the questions !:)

·
Registered
542 Posts
Russ is in Club Pro this year as well.

To be honest...I don't really want any more power at the moment!!! I think I need a bit more practice in the car as it is before even thinking about making it faster!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Good thread..love the 2 cars..really hardcore.Ron loves hes huge wings!!!

What spec is the head in your bros gtr..cams etc?? and what fueling spec is he running?Im thinking of going down the 4088 route myself with a .5m oversize 26.Is your bros car laggy??What boost for [email protected]?

Sorry for the all the questions !:)
Hi, The head itself is stock other than a very mild clean up as far as I could see. I have Greddy step 1 cams, 800cc injectors and high boost is 1.8 bar.
As for lag - if you just plant your foot to the floor low revs, high gear then yeh it takes a while to come in as you would expect. Having said that it will pull from 1000 revs in 5th quite happily when in traffic etc. Because the turbo spins up so easily and keeps spinning being a bb, it comes in quite quickly (about as long as it takes your hand to get from the steering wheel to the gearstick in first gear :chuckle:) and lag has never been an issue for me.

·
Registered
140 Posts

Hi, The place that did the cage is called Woods Metalwork and the guys name is Dave 07986491671.
He is a one man band in a small place so it takes a while but he knows his stuff and his work is first class.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Russ is in Club Pro this year as well.

To be honest...I don't really want any more power at the moment!!! I think I need a bit more practice in the car as it is before even thinking about making it faster!
that is fair comment, but you have been doing well in the car :thumbsup:. Like I said to Adam if we have learnt anything from our cars that could be useful to you feel free to drop by our pit and pick our brains.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Hi, The head itself is stock other than a very mild clean up as far as I could see. I have Greddy step 1 cams, 800cc injectors and high boost is 1.8 bar.
As for lag - if you just plant your foot to the floor low revs, high gear then yeh it takes a while to come in as you would expect. Having said that it will pull from 1000 revs in 5th quite happily when in traffic etc. Because the turbo spins up so easily and keeps spinning being a bb, it comes in quite quickly (about as long as it takes your hand to get from the steering wheel to the gearstick in first gear :chuckle:) and lag has never been an issue for me.
Thanks for the reply.
sounds pretty similar to the way my car drives only with no shuffle!my head should take to a 4088 nicely so from what you have said.mine is stockish too..its ported and has a set of tomei poncam bs but all stock vavlvetrain.I want to change from -5s to a single preferably without having to touch my engine..iv got 750ccs they may be a bit small to get the most from a 4088.

Have you got a stock plenum?1 or 2 fuel pumps?

1 - 20 of 146 Posts