Votes: 22 45.8%

Votes: 26 54.2%
1 - 20 of 192 Posts

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Quick poll to see what you lot think

2011 at around 50k. Balance of warranty (4 Months)

2012 at around 55k. Balance of warranty (16 months)

2012 worth the every 5k? I dare say Ill lose that in depreciation over the next year, so is 20hp worth the extra, I think there is a suspension tweak also?

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Not really a £5k difference though when you factor in the cost of a year's extended warranty for the 2011 (assuming that you want both to have a warranty to expire at the same time ...), more like £3.5k.

Also, are both cars likely to depreciate a similar amount over the same period, meaning that you don't really see the depreciation in this comparison?

·
Registered
145 Posts
absolutely!!! 2012 got a MAJOR transmission update. Plus the asthetic enhancements as well. But the 2012 transmission is worth it by itself.

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
absolutely!!! 2012 got a MAJOR transmission update. Plus the asthetic enhancements as well. But the 2012 transmission is worth it by itself.
erm what?

major transmission update? LC5 verus LC4 which is a simple ecutek reflash!

aesthetic enhancements? only difference I can think of is a led ring around the instrument dials. Other than that they are visually identical.

Patrick, this is a no brainer. 2011 all day long. If warranty bothers you, get the litchfield warranty, but you won't claim on it.

The 11>12 jump is almost as pathetic as the 59>10 plate cars.

Extra power is negated instantly by ecutek, and revised suspension is perfect for Japanese roads with the weigth balance corrected for a little japanese person sitting in the driver's seat. Don't recall you being comparable to a small japanese person.

Jaguar???

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
Scrap that, just saw the jag thread.

By the way, it's "I've spokeN" not "I've spoke" I think you are confusing your tenses. Perhaps you were thinking of "I spoke to the dealer"?

Anyone else, I wouldn't mention it, but you are so funny that I'm expecting a laugh from your witty retort at my expense.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Even if it's the same car it's worth the extra £5k if it is a year newer.
But the MY12 had some small mods anyway.

I'd get the MY12 and look forward to an extra year of warranty.
It'll be worth a little bit more when you come to sell, so I can't see any way you could lose out over the MY11.

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
erm what?

major transmission update? LC5 verus LC4 which is a simple ecutek reflash!

aesthetic enhancements? only difference I can think of is a led ring around the instrument dials. Other than that they are visually identical.

Patrick, this is a no brainer. 2011 all day long. If warranty bothers you, get the litchfield warranty, but you won't claim on it.

The 11>12 jump is almost as pathetic as the 59>10 plate cars.

Extra power is negated instantly by ecutek, and revised suspension is perfect for Japanese roads with the weigth balance corrected for a little japanese person sitting in the driver's seat. Don't recall you being comparable to a small japanese person.

Jaguar???
Good advice Adam, and I see you have a 2012 car, so from a reliable source.

For this reason, I shall ignore the grammar lesson...that reason, and the fact witty responses cannot be demanded.

Its all about the timing, something which you and your car seem to have problems with.

Badum tish

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
Good advice Adam, and I see you have a 2012 car, so from a reliable source.

For this reason, I shall ignore the grammar lesson...that reason, and the fact witty responses cannot be demanded.

Its all about the timing, something which you and your car seem to have problems with.

Badum tish
It's an 11 car on a 12 plate

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think ill just wait till ones comes up a the right price, regardless of year, and jump on it.....or perhaps Jaguar have a offer I cant refuse tomorrow.

We shall see

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
I think ill just wait till ones comes up a the right price, regardless of year, and jump on it.....or perhaps Jaguar have a offer I cant refuse tomorrow.

We shall see
Do you think dean kenny caused this? Seems freaky that you and him have all this chemistry and now similar issues!

1 - 20 of 192 Posts