GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure the question has been asked many times before but what is the general feeling over whether to buy a MY11 car or spend a bit more & opt for a MY12 or newer?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Both DBA but I'm talking about the changes between the models that amongst other things, pushed power from 523 up to 545.

·
Premium Member
1,950 Posts
Not really much between them.
Depends if your going to mod? - as a stg 4.25 is pretty much the same on my11/12/13/14 It's always nicer getting the newest car though.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
the power was just a map change and lager turbo inlet pipe, you still be capped to around the same power as the earlier cars as the block is the same, internals are the same etc, meaning stage 4 is stage 4 if that makes any difference.

A quick EcuTek flash will see you with more power :)

What do you plan to use the car for? tracking, tuning etc or just rolling around in and enjoy as is?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It will simply be a bit of fun. Don't intend on tuning or tracking it. Just wondered whether in standard form the the 2012 model is worth the extra over the 2011.

·
Registered
9,080 Posts
the power was just a map change and lager turbo inlet pipe, you still be capped to around the same power as the earlier cars as the block is the same, internals are the same etc, meaning stage 4 is stage 4 if that makes any difference.

A quick EcuTek flash will see you with more power :)

What do you plan to use the car for? tracking, tuning etc or just rolling around in and enjoy as is?
Stealth,

these are both DBAs so they already have the same inlet.

I'd choose on spec alone. I wouldn't waste time worrying about the piddly differences between different DBAs. The important changes are CBA>DBA>EBA.

·
Premium Member
1,950 Posts
Didn't 2012 MY's get isometric suspension over the previous '11MY's?
Yes, Asymmetric suspension, whereby the driverside had different rated components to compensate for the driver weight.
There were also some BOSE updates
Slightly revised torque mapping in the higher rev range
Slightly higher boost to get the 545ps figure

Middlehurst had a nice summary webpage detailing all the differences, but alas not available anymore :(

If its just for weekend/fun driving, get the newest car you can afford, they have done minor revisions every year, and damper rates were getting softer & softer from My13 onwards, more focus on GT element, with more sound deadening, more dash braces etc.

MY12 is still the best imho, but I'm baised :chuckle:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Slightly bigger breaks and exhaust tips too.
Dash illumination improvement from the ghastly orrange to blue... and I think the leather and stiching had a more premium feel.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Pretty sure 2012 dba did have these minor tweeks over the 2011 dba... I'll see if can dig out the info. It's what I took into consideration mysellf when purchasing a my12.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So I took the plunge & purchased my first R35. I ended up not with a 2011 or a 2012 but a 2013 in black with 19k. Owner from this site but purchased through another site. Absolutely love it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
So I took the plunge & purchased my first R35. I ended up not with a 2011 or a 2012 but a 2013 in black with 19k. Owner from this site but purchased through another site. Absolutely love it.
Just out of curiousty...what did you pay ? Im in that current situation at the moment...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts