GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Read Only
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to have the 2014 LED headlights on the previous version gtr.

I spoke to west way Oxford. They said NO as the power package is different and also when the car is accelerating the light goes dimmer at speed.

Does anyone have more information regarding this?

Thanks

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
It is possible.

It's been done in the states.

Speak to Litchfields, they have ordered in stock. They won't know about installation though until the stock arrives.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Any idea how much these are? I heard about £3.5k for the fronts only and about £1.8k for the rears

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Damn pretty expensive! These are on the 'to get' list, but will probably wait a year or two before I do this.

Are you planning to get them?

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
So about £5k for lights and £5k for suspension?

Makes an MY14 owner feel better.
Nice dent in the depreciation. :chuckle:

Must not mod... must not mod... :nervous:

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
In all honesty I'm as well as just buying a MY14 than upgrading mine with the lights haha

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I like the look of the front lights and I'd like to get a set but I'm damned if I'm gonna spend £3.5k on a set of headlights! The money can go on much more useful mods instead :)

I'll wait until I find a binned MY14 and poach them off of that :D

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Any idea how much these are? I heard about £3.5k for the fronts only and about £1.8k for the rears
Price I've managed to have confirmed for the fronts are £1350 each so £2700. Thats for RHD cars, however for LHD cars ie. US I've managed to get a price of £950 each so £1900 for a pair.

Not really sure why the LHD prices are so much cheaper.

The rears for the US market are £600.

So for a US car you can actually change the front and rears for £2500.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
If I could get the fronts for £1900 I would do it right now. I think the price here is too inflated to warrant a purchase. It feels like too much of a rip off for me.

Anyone know why we are so much more expensive than LHD?

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Could it be like the MY11+ DRLs?

High prices to stop people doing it, try to keep newer models more desirable?

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
No idea, the only differences are the beam pattern clueless to where the £800 comes in additional for RHD cars but can't say I'm surprised.

My front grill, steering column ECU and few other spares I've bought in the past have always been much cheaper for me to buy from the States, ie. the grill was £100 cheaper! to source, ship from States even after duties and VAT.

It's ridiculous.

Iain ordered a part for me once from the States it arrived within a week, the part he ordered from Nissan UK still hadn't arrived after 8 weeks. I needed this part to get my car up and running so was hugely grateful to Litchfield for there efforts at the time but disappointed by Nissan UK

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Could it be like the MY11+ DRLs?

High prices to stop people doing it, try to keep newer models more desirable?
That's a good point, but surely the same should apply in the US. Nissan's pricing of parts is ludicrous.

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
That's a good point, but surely the same should apply in the US. Nissan's pricing of parts is ludicrous.
Probably to encourage you to upgrade the car rather than forking out extortionate prices on upgrading bits.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Probably to encourage you to upgrade the car rather than forking out extortionate prices on upgrading bits.
Yeah I get that, but the annoying thing is many can't afford to upgrade or it doesn't make sense to upgrade i.e I have a 13 plate, why would I upgrade to a 14 plate.

Ahh I know I'm arguing a pointless cause its just frustrating though lol.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Price for bought in US, I'm going to buy a set next month when I'm in States and bring back. I can't see what difference US and EU rears have?

I understand the fronts have different beam patterns but the rears should be same surely.

·
Registered
130 Posts
You'd of thought so, but most US cars use the red lights as indicators so may need re-wiring, not sure if US market gtr's do this however.

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
Market size dictates the price. Way more gtrs sold in LHD countries vs RHD. Probably.
True, but its rhd in native japan, would have thought that is quite a big market too, although NA would be bigger i imagine.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts