GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
It's what I expected.

MY08,09,10 then facelift then MY11,12,13, then facelift... it's only been a year.
I suspect this is the version to see the GT-R out. MY14,15,16 with just refinements each year.
Until the R36.

It's getting on a little now, not sure major improvements would be cost effective.

·
Premium Member
5,797 Posts
What an unbelievable let down.

How evolutionary! no new interiors, and not even an exterior change.

I was hoping for an EBA, but it looks like they are milking the DBA even further.
Well, We have more alloys choice.. lol

2. Specification, accessories
The RAYS double-spoke aluminum-alloy wheels (Hyper Blue Black chrome color coat), which were previously available only for a limited time as a dealer option, are now officially available as a manufacturer option(*1).

Have they changed the stock tyres?

Tires
The material and the inner structure of the tires have been improved for better straight-line stability and increased stability over uneven road surfaces. The changes also improve ride quality and driver confidence.

·
Registered
9,073 Posts
Rich, it's been a year but it hasn't arrived.

The my 14 should have been a facelift, but wasn't.

The my 15 would therefore be a year later.

Now the my 16 is the first chance of a facelift which is at least two years slower than previously.

It means the hybrid NSX which I am aching for, will arrive before a facelifted GT-R might arrive.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
I guess with the new lights and interiors I saw that as the facelift.

Do you think there is time for another facelift before the R36 arrives?
I believe that's still rumored to be around 2017.

·
Registered
411 Posts

I've read there is a new facelift before the r36

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
2. Specification, accessories
The RAYS double-spoke aluminum-alloy wheels (Hyper Blue Black chrome color coat), which were previously available only for a limited time as a dealer option, are now officially available as a manufacturer option(*1).
Anyone got any pictures of wheels in this finish please?

·
Registered
9,073 Posts

Can't see a hybrid by 2017. Given the pre release info about the NSX, the I8, the LaFerrari, the 918 and the P1, I'd imagine there would be a much bigger gestation period with far more leaked info to whet people's appetites.

I'd also guess there will be some deadtime between the R35 and the R36 to enable them to sell old stock.

It will have been 12 years for the NSX, hopefully nissan can better that.

·
Super Moderator
15,545 Posts
Well the last R34GTRs were 2002/3, and the R35 didn't arrive until 2008 so I wouldn't say it would be that quick.

·
Registered
438 Posts
As a MY14 owner I am very happy!!!

I was worried there was going to be a revision of the Front End and all the changes I have read seem to be very minor.

Only hope now is they raise the price :)

·
Premium Member
2,927 Posts
Very disappointing 'evolution' that probably has already been done by some tuners such as SVM and Litchfield. I think the tyres are the same as the MY14 and the extra soundproofing is no better than a Dynamat kit fitted.

They talk about Yaw and vertical movement etc, but that can be dialled out/ in with the suspension modifications available.

My car (MY11) with some sensible modifications is all I need at the moment, but if the MY15 had been a EBA with better interior and some distinctive external changes the I might of considered upgrading as my car is coning up 4 years old with nearly 50,000 miles on the clock. After a recent 'refresh' from Iain Litchfield, the car feels so much better than a new MY14 I drove recently.

I believe that we will have to wait for the R36 to see hybrid technology and any significant changes. Will the new NSX beat Nissan to the post??

·
Registered
411 Posts
From a Tokyo website). MY2015 Nissan GT-R will be introduced and will be on sale from 25th November. GT-R Otaku has managed to obtain a secret document with detail of the MY2015 GT-R. The new MY2015 is not track focused but aimed at being the premium sport and thus became even more comfortable than the MY2014.

<What they have changed>
*With MY2014, Nissans engineers looked into lessening of the pitching in ride quality. With MT2015, they looked into the horizontal movement of the ride quality. Nissan claims the stability of the MY2015 GT-R is 4times higher than that of Porsche 911, 3times higher than that of Mercedes Benz C63 AMG We do not know how Nissan measured the difference
*The damping of the shock absorbers have been changed and ECU has been remapped accordingly. MY2015 GT-Rs agility has increased a great deal.
*The material as well as the design of the tires have been refined. They not only grip better but absorb unnecessary road information thus providing better ride quality.
*Engine, transmission, trans-axel, driveshaft have all been refined to have less constructional gaps. Lessening the gaps has led to less mechanical noise and lessened the friction losses. The bearings of the transmission have been altered by few microns.
*By lessoning of friction losses, acceleration of the MY2015 has improved an ECU has been refined accordingly.

<Track edition engineered by nismo>
From MY2014, the ride and handling of the GT-R has changed drastically. From MY2015, in order to accommodate more demanding customers, Nissan will introduce a new model called track edition engineered by nismo based on Black edition.
Features:
Rigid bonding body
Wide front fenders with air outlets
Track edition dedicated suspension
Track edition dedicated front/rear stabilizers with stiffer springs
Track edition dedicated Rays Aluminum forged rims
Track edition dedicated tires (DUNLOP SP SPORT MAXX GT600 DSST)

<45th anniversary model>
Based on Premium editon, 45 of the 45th anniversary will be on sale. The body color will be Silica Breath, same as R34 Skyline GT-R M spec, and will have dedicated anniversary plates in the interior as well as the engine room.
45th Anniversary models will be introduced on 25th November, Nissan will take orders from the beginning of January 2015 and will be sold from 25th February.
<The lineup of MY2015 GT-R>
Pure edition
Black edition
Premium edition
Track edition engineered by nismo

<price range>
9,477,000(Pure edition?) 11,700,Track edition?)

·
Premium Member
5,797 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Maybe they are holding back all the goodies to wow us all with the R36?

Would there be much point this late in the development cycle to concentrate on the outgoing R35, when it best to have all hands on deck on the R36?

Lets be honest the game has changed since the first R35 launched it blew away the motoring world with its performance and price point.

Like I said being a MY14 owner I am happy to wait and see what is in store, and I think anyone currently owning one should be happy they haven't changed significantly enough to dent residual values.

·
Registered
9,073 Posts
I believe that we will have to wait for the R36 to see hybrid technology and any significant changes. Will the new NSX beat Nissan to the post??
Don't think there's any doubt about that. We've seen the NSX, you can put deposits down on it. It has test driven the ring, we know most of the specs, the expected price and first delivery dates within a three month window.

We know nothing about any hybrid GT-R other than it is expected to be built.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Only thing im not a fan of is new wheel design, appart from the rays! other than that sounds like great improvments especially if drivetrain noise is quiter.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts