GTR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 Nissan GT-R Rumored as 800-HP Hybrid » AutoGuide.com News

A decade ago, it would be considered sacrilegious for a sports car to be a hybrid, but now electrified powertrains are all the rage.

That’s why you shouldn’t be surprised if the 2016 Nissan GT-R debuts with a hybrid powertrain, something that has been rumored for quite some time now.

Known as the R36 GT-R, the next-generation sports car from Nissan is rumored to have a redesigned 3.8-liter twin-turbo V6 engine with a regenerative hybrid system employing KERS-style technology to give it around 250 additional horsepower. The system is said to be co-developed between Nismo and F1 Williams team.

The hybrid powertrain will give the GT-R at least 800 hp and is targetting a 0-62 mph speed of 2.7 seconds. Considering the Nissan GT-R Nismo cranks out 600 hp, hybrid power could be what it needs to make it even more impressive on and off the track.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Wonder if it really will be 2016 when we see the R36... I thought they hadn't even started developing it yet!

Should be a beast, but I suspect it will end up being over £100k

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
It would be a beast and if they can do it for 70k then I'm in - but I doubt it.

800 bhp for a standard GTR - sounds a bit much to me 650 would be more realistic but 800 is crazy for a standard production car where do they go next with the R37 1000 bhp...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts