GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sounds grander than it really was as it wasn't a packed grid as such but I competed in the UK JDS street series this year and won it.

My car is just a stage 4.25 GT-R and I generally got better through the year as I learned the ropes and what I could do to set it up correctly.

My best 1/4 was 10.994 and a 60ft of 1.8. This was on cup2 tyres that were generally cold when I was launching. It was a close final round on points so I fitted some 295 335 mpss in the hope they would help me run more consistent lower 10s but they didn't help. With my best run of the day being 11.07 as I crossed the line hitting the rev limiter (testing if I really did need to change gear).

I won not because I had the fastest car, but because I was consistent with reasonable reaction times. I also turned upto every event and won a number of the qualifying sessions.

I'm over the moon with the result and have come to love drag racing. It's alot more intense and involved than I realised and provides quite a buzz.

It's also great value as I get through very little petrol and tyres and brakes have next to no wear on them. So far engine and gbox and clutches have not had a problem.

I know if I want to retain my crown I will need to do something. I was regularly beaten by skylines and the actual final of the last round got beat good and proper by Simon in his amazing R33 GTS 2.5 turbo. 10.5 vs my 11.2. Still had enough points to win the series though.

I don't know if this will run again at Shakespeare County raceway next year. I hope so. But if anyone is interested then I recommend you sign up for it (come the time) as it's a good laugh and I would be happy to show anyone the ropes that hasn't done it before.

Cheers
Martin

·
Premium Member
5,800 Posts
Well done fella! Put a set of r888r on in summer, and grip will be even better!

Any pictures? Sounds like fun!

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks chaps. I wish I did get r888 as my target is consistent 1.6 60fts. I opted for mpss in the end as I knew they would be good going into winter.

I don't have many pics actually nor any in car footage. Sorry.

·
Premium Member
5,800 Posts
Thanks chaps. I wish I did get r888 as my target is consistent 1.6 60fts. I opted for mpss in the end as I knew they would be good going into winter.
I don't have many pics actually nor any in car footage. Sorry.
any pics fella, get them up!

NOONONE is criticizing, get your glory pics up!

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's been so long I can't remember how to funnily enough.

I really don't have any pics. . I do have a clip of me driving Ludders mental drag R33 up the ramps onto his lorry though. That may have been the highlight of the season lol

·
Premium Member
5,800 Posts
It's been so long I can't remember how to funnily enough.

I really don't have any pics. . I do have a clip of me driving Ludders mental drag R33 up the ramps onto his lorry though. That may have been the highlight of the season lol
yawn! r35 or it didn't happen.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do have some pics actually just found them. But couldn't seem to get them to load from my phone. Will try and log on with the laptop and get them on there

·
Registered
477 Posts
Well done Martin, it was great to run against you in the final. I will certainly be back next year as it's always always great weekend.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Thanks for the kind words, I was just happy running it and getting a bit faster each time I made a change.

·
Premium Member
5,800 Posts
I do have some pics actually just found them. But couldn't seem to get them to load from my phone. Will try and log on with the laptop and get them on there
Postimage.org

gettem uploaded chap, wooo harrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

·
Premium Member
5,800 Posts
1 - 20 of 36 Posts