GTR Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Well done mate you got in the 10s cracking result look forward to seeing you next year hopefully attend some more events my self

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks Alex. I think a friendly wager for the best time around the totb sprint track is in order. You, me and sam. I learnt alot at totb this year and won't be letting you pip me at the end (well that's the plan anyway lol)

·
Vendor
6,193 Posts
Well done fella, I've ran 3 back to back runs in a stock my17 with only mod being a Y pipe and ran 11.01 - 11.03 on stock run flats at the pod so your beast will definitely do better with the rite surface and temperatures. Good luck and no doubt it'll do middle to low 10's.

·
Premium Member
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Well done fella, I've ran 3 back to back runs in a stock my17 with only mod being a Y pipe and ran 11.01 - 11.03 on stock run flats at the pod so your beast will definitely do better with the rite surface and temperatures. Good luck and no doubt it'll do middle to low 10's.
I did think of you on a few occasions actually a know you. Have some brilliant runs for the mods. I was disappointed with the 11 sec times but I'm new to this. Might pick your brains sometime is that's OK? There were stage 1 / 2gtrs running 11.3 to 11.5 which was too close for comfort lol.

·
Premium Member
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
All without mechanical issues?

Yes that's right toni. However I should probably point out I have a dodson extreme duty first gear and shaft. Dodson selector rings/syncros. Litchfield 14 plate clutch and dodson billet baskets.

Engine was all good. Map could do with more tweaks as would pull timing when the engine was hot (never an issue on the road) but easily fixed with a bit of octane booster / 100 Ron race fuel.

·
Super Moderator
15,544 Posts
Yes that's right toni. However I should probably point out I have a dodson extreme duty first gear and shaft. Dodson selector rings/syncros. Litchfield 14 plate clutch and dodson billet baskets.

Engine was all good. Map could do with more tweaks as would pull timing when the engine was hot (never an issue on the road) but easily fixed with a bit of octane booster / 100 Ron race fuel.
That is a lot of mods, but pleased to hear about the reliability.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
You still using cobb Martin ? if so they have changed their policy on the tuning software, you have to take a online course @ £125 when you pass they send you the software to change your maps yourself ( it is very easy to use ) - some good updates for drag racing too ( link )

Would be good if you could get a tuner to do a bit of sponsorship work for you

Advanced Launch Control, Injector Characterization, and More - AccessTUNER - GT-R Life

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Thanks Alex. I think a friendly wager for the best time around the totb sprint track is in order. You, me and sam. I learnt alot at totb this year and won't be letting you pip me at the end (well that's the plan anyway lol)

Yeah for sure mate I’m learning a lot with the gtr it’s all in launch I tend to to play with my settings via ecu tek app as Ian at Litchfield Gave me tips for totb and that’s the quickest I’ve done 10.8 so look forward to 2018 :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
You still using cobb Martin ? if so they have changed their policy on the tuning software, you have to take a online course @ £125 when you pass they send you the software to change your maps yourself ( it is very easy to use ) - some good updates for drag racing too ( link )

Would be good if you could get a tuner to do a bit of sponsorship work for you

Advanced Launch Control, Injector Characterization, and More - AccessTUNER - GT-R Life
Yes still on Cobb terry but I'm on the older v2 handset. I think all the new stuff is only for he v3 handset unless you tell me otherwise?

I really struggled for traction. I would like some better traction / launch options as just using LC5. Launching at 4k RPM and it just spins through the first 2 gears and even a bit of 3rd. Launch at 2500 and it bogs then spins... 3600rpm seemed to be the best. Mind you I only let tyres down to 24psi. 20psi on the cups and the car was aggressively swaying side to side by the end of the run.

The sound of some sponsor support sounds great but who is there in the UK that does Cobb well? I will see what santa brings this winter. There is potential I could be increasing my rev limit to 9k RPM but we shall see. If it happens it would include an engine management change to syvecs / motec or most likely ecutek.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Yes still on Cobb terry but I'm on the older v2 handset. I think all the new stuff is only for he v3 handset unless you tell me otherwise?

I really struggled for traction. I would like some better traction / launch options as just using LC5. Launching at 4k RPM and it just spins through the first 2 gears and even a bit of 3rd. Launch at 2500 and it bogs then spins... 3600rpm seemed to be the best. Mind you I only let tyres down to 24psi. 20psi on the cups and the car was aggressively swaying side to side by the end of the run.

The sound of some sponsor support sounds great but who is there in the UK that does Cobb well? I will see what santa brings this winter. There is potential I could be increasing my rev limit to 9k RPM but we shall see. If it happens it would include an engine management change to syvecs / motec or most likely ecutek.
Think you are right cobb are aiming for the V3 user as it has a lot more memory - I am tuning my own car with some good Tips from the USA - i dont really know what ecutek offers so i cannot compare ( i still think its a profit thing myself but thats another story ) this is second hand info but in the US they mainly use LC 4 drag racing as iirc it reduces knock, something to do with it reduces the timing on gear changes - LC5 does not , there is a good table which you can reduce boost in the lower gears to stop wheel spin - and a new stable boost off the line , i wont droll on but there is some really good tables for what you are doing ( have a look on gtrlife under accesstuner ) - and mapping you could have done remote from USA - Tim Baily is really rated i think is part owner of cobb he also does remote mapping he done all the OTS maps and the world record breaking ETS car when it was on cobb - just food for thought mate

·
Registered
249 Posts
There is potential I could be increasing my rev limit to 9k RPM but we shall see. If it happens it would include an engine management change to syvecs / motec or most likely ecutek.
Are you building your motor because on your OP you said your car is a 4.25?

21 - 36 of 36 Posts