GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all - stupid question, but what does this switch do? It's in the roofliner just in front behind the interior light switch

https://ibb.co/bbm5Nb1

I've pressed it a few times but nothing seems to happen - switch doesn't illuninate and no lights on the dash appear?

thanks

·
Ooo Matron !
2,105 Posts
I would say it disarms the ultrasonic alarm sensor so the alarm does not go off if the car is lifted to be towed.

That's only a guess based on what it shows on the button mind you.

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Please don't tell me Nissan have put in one of those "engine/exhaust sound through the speakers" things....

·
Premium Member
1,940 Posts
I would say it disarms the ultrasonic alarm sensor so the alarm does not go off if the car is lifted to be towed.

That's only a guess based on what it shows on the button mind you.
Yep, as snuffy said, its for turning off the ultrasonics inside the car, useful when on the ferry/eurotunnel crossings or when you want to lock the car and leave the windows open.

Please don't tell me Nissan have put in one of those "engine/exhaust sound through the speakers" things....
Yes, they now have that function on MY17+ :(

·
Vendor
6,275 Posts
As said it's to that very... Extremely loud lol alarm going off if the car is being trailerd or picked up on a ramp... Not that you would here it going off even if you were standing next to it... Pathetic siren by Nissan.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts