GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Plenty of images/links floating around of the newly revealed models.

The NISMO model got the most meaningful upgrades in my eyes, what appears to be a carbon roof, new carbon brakes, different wheels, turbo change, etc. etc.

Bayside Blue is back on the 50th model albeit with some racing livery inspired additions!

It will be interesting to see these in the flesh!

https://www.carsguide.com.au/car-news/nissan-gt-r-nismo-2019-revealed-at-the-new-york-motor-show-74189

https://www.carsguide.com.au/car-news/nissan-gt-r-50th-anniversary-edition-revealed-in-new-york-74177

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nismo Carbon Brakes! I dread to think how much. I have already enquired :)
Agreed, considering the benefits vs Cost....
I was told some owners of the Spec V were retrofitting steel brakes and 'saving' the carbon ones...

·
Premium Member
3,730 Posts
Agreed, considering the benefits vs Cost....

I was told some owners of the Spec V were retrofitting steel brakes and 'saving' the carbon ones...

Some of us just enjoyed them :)

Mine are 5% worn apparently - only did two sets of pads in 50,000 miles!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
15,576 Posts
Very pretty. Track edition also gets a carbon roof option and ceramic brakes.

Still no yellow :(

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Finally a Bayside Blue option, even if it is very limited.
Finally, carbon ceramic brakes on the Nismo, which should have had them from day one of the expensive Nismo model to justify the cost premium over a track edition.

Awaiting pricing.

If they can still bring the Nismo in close to £150,000 like the 17/18 with the revisions it's arguably the best value Nismo so far...

If the track edition does indeed get the carbon roof and brakes (based on info released so far) it's probably still the pick of the range.
My Track Edition with Alcon CCX was a peach of a car!

Big question is, is this the time to buy an R35 and keep it, or hold out for some special model when they kill it off in a year or two?

·
Premium Member
5,826 Posts

nice!!!

·
Premium Member
3,730 Posts

Finally, carbon ceramic brakes on the Nismo, which should have had them from day one of the expensive Nismo model to justify the cost premium over a track edition.

Awaiting pricing.

If they can still bring the Nismo in close to £150,000 like the 17/18 with the revisions it's arguably the best value Nismo so far...

If the track edition does indeed get the carbon roof and brakes (based on info released so far) it's probably still the pick of the range.

Big question is, is this the time to buy an R35 and keep it, or hold out for some special model when they kill it off in a year or two?

I strongly suspect this is the run out model.....

Agree on brakes. I suspect Nismo going to be £175k plus....

Current model, with Stealth Grey, is £155,000 list so is going to be significantly more than that I guess.

·
Premium Member
5,826 Posts

Awaiting pricing.

Current model, with Stealth Grey, is £155,000 list so is going to be significantly more than that I guess.

yeah these could possibly be the run out models? tell you what tho, 50th bayside blue from Nissan factory is quite special!! Looks ace too!

·
Premium Member
1,267 Posts
Loving the bluish burnt tint on the wheels and the exhausts:bowdown1:
Im the same the blue one with out the arrow , though I see why they did it . Wondering if on the same tyres?
Also noticed no wing vents on the blue one like on the white one??

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
They should have brought back Midnight Purple which is an equally iconic colour IMO as there was already a blue colour in the normal line-up. Still nice to see none the less!

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
They should have brought back Midnight Purple which is an equally iconic colour IMO as there was already a blue colour in the normal line-up. Still nice to see none the less!
But they already did a Midnight Purple colour (called something else) on the Spec V in 2010.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts

How many 17/18 cars did they sell in the UK at £150k+options?
I thought it was 3 or 4.

Put the price up £20k+ and I have a feeling I won't be seeing one very often!

·
Super Moderator
15,576 Posts
Think you're right. Lots of serious metal available at that money, some of it a lot newer.

This is likely the last throw of the dice in terms of changes to the car, but suspect there will be more colours and specs to run out on. Got to be a Nur at some point....

1 - 20 of 86 Posts