GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
747 Posts
Looks absolutely stunning. Is the whole bootlid carbon (can see it's not trimmed inside etc?)

·
Vendor
12,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes its a carbon boot lid. U dressed

·
Registered
351 Posts
Looks stunning Dave. Bet you are well pleased!
Couple of questions: How does that colout look with the blue exhaust tips - I'm guessing a great match? And is that an alcantara covered steering wheel?

·
Vendor
12,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also 2021 has the latest split manifold turbos fitted. A step up from the 2020 version. 3k no spool up just goes like the wind.

I dynoed her and quickly discovered the 2021 new emissions laws have strangled the engine performance alot. Once Y pipe was removed we saw another 50nm torque across the entire rev range!

·
Vendor
12,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks stunning Dave. Bet you are well pleased!
Couple of questions: How does that colout look with the blue exhaust tips - I'm guessing a great match? And is that an alcantara covered steering wheel?
TBH I wasn't looking at blue to start with. I'd seen the wangan blue and felt underwhelmed with it so I was going DMG huge waits for builds! A few calls to and from some people I know with possible acceleration of my build but no promises. Then I was offered this one, quite unexpectedly. Saw it and bought it on the spot.

Tips work very well, yes alcantara steering wheel taken straight from the nismo as are the seats and body.

I've some extremely nice carbon on the way for her, replacing front bumper, wings and bonnet. I'm not going aftermarket looks btw. It'll be my version of a modern N1 utilising Carbon and Ti.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Also 2021 has the latest split manifold turbos fitted. A step up from the 2020 version. 3k no spool up just goes like the wind.

I dynoed her and quickly discovered the 2021 new emissions laws have strangled the engine performance alot. Once Y pipe was removed we saw another 50nm torque across the entire rev range!
I've seen comments on a Facebook forum about major issues matching the Bayside paint on the plastic bumper sections. This has been an issue on some Katsura and White cars historically. Hopefully your car is perfect.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Dare I ask?.... Has it got the alcantara dash cover of the Nismo? I've always thought it a shame it hasnt been put on other models to cut reflection in the windscreen...

·
Vendor
12,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dare I ask?.... Has it got the alcantara dash cover of the Nismo? I've always thought it a shame it hasnt been put on other models to cut reflection in the windscreen...
Sadly not, but I'm installing one.

·
Registered
351 Posts
All good news. Off topic but my dealer tells me they took two separate orders for Nismos last week so still plenty of interest out there!

·
Vendor
12,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've seen comments on a Facebook forum about major issues matching the Bayside paint on the plastic bumper sections. This has been an issue on some Katsura and White cars historically. Hopefully your car is perfect.
Still crap unfortunately.

·
Registered
351 Posts

Couple more questions I'm afraid ;)
What did you replace the Y-pipe with? and
How much of the exhaust system is Titanium?
Thanks in advance...

·
Super Moderator
15,937 Posts
It’s ok taking orders but can they actually deliver in a realistic time frame?
I'm told around 4 months from order to delivery BUT they're not taking them atm. So at a guess I'd say if you order now you're looking back end of the year. (I was looking at a white TE).

·
Vendor
12,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Couple more questions I'm afraid ;)
What did you replace the Y-pipe with? and
How much of the exhaust system is Titanium?
Thanks in advance...
We have our own Y pipes and systems.

The oem system is ti only mid and rear.

·
Vendor
12,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm told around 4 months from order to delivery BUT they're not taking them atm. So at a guess I'd say if you order now you're looking back end of the year. (I was looking at a white TE).
Next build slot November.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts