GTR Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,988 Posts
I kind of think nice though the MY21 TE is, the engine output is not changed so really it's about the nice brakes and CF roof (since the boot and spoiler was on the previous version).

·
Registered
261 Posts
Except for the fact the boot and spoiler in CF are now a much more expensive option than the my19 and earlier TE model.

·
Super Moderator
15,988 Posts
Yes which is odd as they look the same.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Best of luck it's absolutely stunning.

Are those recaros new for the 2021 track model ?

Seen previous 2019 cars will all black buckets in track car

·
Vendor
12,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Best of luck it's absolutely stunning.

Are those recaros new for the 2021 track model ?

Seen previous 2019 cars will all black buckets in track car
Yes they are the only upgrade option. Same seats as the nismo. Hips feel a little bruised after a lively turn though.

·
Vendor
12,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Dyno time with stge 1 map this week. Weve just had ecutek hack the 2021 firmware so let's see how she fairs.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Very interested to see what results you get...I had my my20 done at AC Speedtech and we were surprised by the results...think from the new stock turbos we thought it might achieve more, but it was very similar to My17 onwards cars tbh?

·
Vendor
12,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Will know soon enough.

·
Vendor
12,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Didn't get on to it. Just working with ecutek on the 2021 firmware as its throwing continual errors up when data logging. Will be sorted in next few days though so rescheduled to next week.

Reactions: JMacca1975

·
Vendor
12,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·

·
Registered
72 Posts
Also 2021 has the latest split manifold turbos fitted. A step up from the 2020 version. 3k no spool up just goes like the wind.

I dynoed her and quickly discovered the 2021 new emissions laws have strangled the engine performance alot. Once Y pipe was removed we saw another 50nm torque across the entire rev range!
Amazing looking car Dave. Could I ask about the new emission laws you are referring to, how down on power was the stock car from what you were expecting?

Do you feel like the seats are worth the 9k ask? They certainly look fantastic.

How much weight do you think all of the carbon upgrades have saved? 10kg roof, 15kg seats, 8kg boot/spoiler, 15kg brakes so perhaps in the order of 50kg, realistic or too optimistic?

Cheers

21 - 36 of 36 Posts