GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2300 miles in 3days :)

Not had much time due to work etc, but after about 6mths of lurking on here, reading lots, I finally picked up a my12 car in blue with recaros a few weeks ago.

A friend of mine has a 997 turbo (good spec, pccb/diff lock/extended leather etc), so we decided a small trip to stelvio would be good to see how the cars compared.. and a nice run in for the car (it already had 5k miles).

Car performed without any issues, other than filling up about 10times :D, its just brilliant! power is crazy (can only imagine what Adam's 770hp feels like!).
:flame:

Going via france/belguim/germany/austria/italy.. lovely roads and some nice speeds on the autobahns and the italy motorways. on average around 10hrs of driving and the car didn't miss a beat! bose audio is excellent, definately needs an exhaust with some chunky sound though. Just felt great driving and didn't feel tired at all!:runaway:

Stelvio was good, although pretty cold/foggy/misty and rain.. definately will go again next summer.:D

The amount of attention (when clean) the GTR gets is great, no one took a second glance at the porsche, met a few folks who stopped/chatted/waved and plenty took pics of the gtr! :thumbsup:

anyways, a few pics of the trip.. :chuckle:

Pics 2 days after pickup..

quick stop at services in belguim..

twin turbo power!

diffuser

std gtr brembos

nice pccb

ready to go!

top of stelvio

stelvio

stelvio

stevlio other side..

wheels caked after 2000miles...

Back home in blighty.. filthy!

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
What a baptism of fire! Superb.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
What an awesome way to get to know the car. Very jealous!! She looks lovely in blue. If I ever change to a newer model that's the colour for me ; )

Keep enjoying it mate and go get an exhaust or y pipe to add some noise : )

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Forgot to say, we stopped off at Spa on the way, some lovely european lhd modded gtrs, blue&grey.. ripping up the track..loads of gt3s...

yep, was really impressed with the car the whole trip.. about 10-12 hours of driving each day, and was still smiling :D Porsche is very quick, but gtr is faster, gearbox is awesome, i do miss manual, but this gearbox and silky smooth gearshifts are great, nice rev indicator lights are cool :)

Adam, just do it! autobahn's are excellent, on the long straights and clear roads, 120+ mph is really really good! sounds of the turbos and exhaust just comes alive!
we're going over to spa, belguim for another euro-run in nov.. prob around 1000 miles over 3days.. leisurely pace :)

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cheers for the comments folks, yep definitely prefer the nice long road trips over all out ring outings (been lots of times over the years, in various cars), but enjoying the autobahns , twisties, nice scenery etc is wonderful.
Did a very similar trip in my modded evo x last year, stopping off at the frankfurt motorshow, and then down to san bernardino pass. Evo was great, although EGT temp sensor started warning around 100miles from calais on the way back.. was reading too high from 10hrs of driving :)

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Sounds like a great trip! The GTR is great for touring across Europe, i headed to Amsterdam for a long weekend just gone, car was returning 28mpg on economy map and the 102mm titan really compliant on a cruise!

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
You should be outside now returning her to her former glory.....

2 Buckets please...

Robbie

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You should be outside now returning her to her former glory.....

2 Buckets please...

Robbie
hahah, the last pic was taken before I cleaned it..it had a further clean too.. but probably could do with another and some layers of polish.. 2 layers of poorboys wheel wax made it easy going to clean the wheels..after the trip, not much brakedust caked on either..

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
hahah, the last pic was taken before I cleaned it..it had a further clean too.. but probably could do with another and some layers of polish.. 2 layers of poorboys wheel wax made it easy going to clean the wheels..after the trip, not much brakedust caked on either..
:bowdown1:

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
Ah reminds me of the great time I had doing a similar trip in August just gone...Belgium, Spa, Autobahns, Grossglockner pass (Austria), Italy, Monaco back through France via Millau Bridge. Had a Stage 1 at Litchfields before going so had the benefit of dual fuel map, not that it stayed in low boost very often as plenty of all-comers wanting to see what it could do in Germany...actually everywhere for that matter. The Y-pipe (resonated) sounded great through the numerous tunnels from Italy to Monaco so a full system I imagine would have been amazing! The GT-R got a lot of attention especially in Monaco, it great place to show it off!

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Ah reminds me of the great time I had doing a similar trip in August just gone...Belgium, Spa, Autobahns, Grossglockner pass (Austria), Italy, Monaco back through France via Millau Bridge. Had a Stage 1 at Litchfields before going so had the benefit of dual fuel map, not that it stayed in low boost very often as plenty of all-comers wanting to see what it could do in Germany...actually everywhere for that matter. The Y-pipe (resonated) sounded great through the numerous tunnels from Italy to Monaco so a full system I imagine would have been amazing! The GT-R got a lot of attention especially in Monaco, it great place to show it off!
Now that's a trip I'd love to do. Anyone? :D

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
Hey I'm up for it again but it'll hv to b after Xmas. Took the wife on that road trip and the whole car thing was lost on her, just didn't get the cat n mouse on the autobahn or the tunnels haha u want me to bare u in mind when I go johnny?

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Hey I'm up for it again but it'll hv to b after Xmas. Took the wife on that road trip and the whole car thing was lost on her, just didn't get the cat n mouse on the autobahn or the tunnels haha u want me to bare u in mind when I go johnny?
Yea, that'd be good if we could get a few of us for a 3-4 day trip.
Fancy going around April when the weather breaks.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Who fancies organising it :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts