GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had my 24month service done at Nobles last Friday.

Got a blue 370z convertible this time (although was offered an x-trail if i wanted). I didn't drive it far because i wasn't in the mood. I just went to Ikea for breakfast in it and in that short time decided the engine note was not far too quiet. Seems like they've quietened it from the previous model.
I then spent the afternoon in their training room working and using their wi-fi.

As per usual the service from Darren and the guys was great. No wonder they won the HPC award. Darren was telling me they're getting quite a few guys from the NE of England using them.

Price - well i didn't have the air filters (got K&N set up) or pollen filter change (still don't get Nissan's obsession with changing this part) and provided my own oils Motul 5w50 and Brembo LCF 600+ and all i'll say is it's not far off Litchfields. Certainly cheap enough for me not to concern myself about using an independent.

They also rectified the clicking brakes (not that i was bothered by it and hadn't asked) and had pictures of my bonnet hinge taken to send to nissan. Likely outcome is a bonnet respray as there's been some paint damage.

At 10000miles, I was quite surprised (having added some SVM goodness in April) at my tyres being 4mm on rears and 3mms on front. I guess new tyres will have to go on soon, although tempted to wait till next year as i won't be pressing on anywhere for the next 6 months with the weather we get up here.

Brakes are fine too apparently.

Gotta thank Colin Hoad for the one day driving school i had with him. I guess it does pay off!

Oh and another thing is i arrived and intended to uninstall my COBB but the battery wasn't charged enough, so the guys at Nobles did it for me. Not difficult admittedly. But still they didn't baulk at it.

So if anyone is within reach of Nobles, drop Darren an email and tell him Ian sent you :)

·
Registered
930 Posts
are you sure you went to an HPC LOL!!

Well it goes to show it can be done, a great big congratulations to these guys!!!

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Eddie - i have no idea what the criteria for the award was, but am not in the least surprised they got it. Especially when you read about the stories from elsewhere.

Andy - yeh we are lucky up here. And yeh they do go out of their way to know my business (considering it's only every 6 months i see them) and that i might want the x-trail instead of 370z to go play golf etc. Just those wee touches make a difference. They've even once picked me up from Edinburgh for a test drive!

BTW not only did they replace the stolen burnt out Scooby from Yorkhill (i posted another thread) they are donating another to the Edinburgh sick kids hospital. For that alone i'm happy to put my money their way.

Plug time: I do a charity golf event and for the past few years i have done it for DEC (Tsunami, Japan, Haiti etc) but after the Scooby got stolen i decided that i'd like to raise money to help replace that car. But Nobles beat me to it :) Still i'm sure the money will do great things for the kids.
BTW the link to my golf event (or even if you just want to donate a £1) Ian Logendra is fundraising for Yorkhill Children's Foundation

It's definitely a business with a family touch which i guess makes a difference throughout their operation.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hi Misters
My car was getting it's 24 month service last week at Nobels, Did you see it there, £450 own oil no pollen fillter, They spotted a stress fracture on the inner rim of a rear wheel, Nissan replaced it under warranty. The car went by lorry from york and back, They even put in the car 3 little bottles of touch up paint, base coat top coat and laquer:thumbsup:

Graham

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Misters
My car was getting it's 24 month service last week at Nobels, Did you see it there, £450 own oil no pollen fillter, They spotted a stress fracture on the inner rim of a rear wheel, Nissan replaced it under warranty. The car went by lorry from york and back, They even put in the car 3 little bottles of touch up paint, base coat top coat and laquer:thumbsup:

Graham
Hi Graham

I'd asked Darren about your car because you'd pm'd me (I didn't actually see it.) and he mentioned the wheel issue. I guess it's good to know they are looking for such things!

Glad you were happy with the service.

Cheers

Ian

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I've yet to be impressed by a HPC but this is very good news indeed and should be a shining example to the others. As times get tougher, other HPC's should be using Nobles as their model.

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Well thank goodness all agree it was the right decision. I know a lot of the NHPCs are really up for the award next year - Colliers have a fight having won new NHPC too to keep up the great work and challenge for the big one next October.

Good luck to all - customer service is the easy bit (and hardest) after the investment in technology and training etc.

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
A photo of the guys from Nobles with their award for 2011 Best NHPC and the man himself who signed the award as well !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts